The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which JT Miller Deal would you prefer?

Which JT Miller Deal would you prefer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think I would lean toward the CBJ deal as we get a proven piece, and another top 15 pick.  We then use the $ to go add another top 6 forward.

then we could take #15 + Meyers to Philly for #5 + 4th rounder

8 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

Definitely the Caps deal. I'm a huge fan of both McMichael and Iorio. Plus the added 2nd round pick in a deep draft is perfect.

I really like the idea of adding Lorio.  I do think this deal probably has a higher risk as the prospects are less proven, and the picks are later than some.  I'd be stoked if we got this return though.

17 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

then we could take #15 + Meyers to Philly for #5 + 4th rounder

I really don't think that adding Tyler Myers to the 15th pick moves you up 10 spots and adds a 4th round pick.

Edited by BCNate
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

I really don't think that adding Tyler Myers to the 15th pick moves you up 11 spots and adds a 4th round pick.

one can dream , can't one?

This is a great poll,  tough to decide.  I went with Carlo just because I am more familier with him than Peeke... and I think Lysell and a 2nd is worth about the same or more than the #12.

Honestly though, I do most of those deals... though the NYR one needs Schneider or K'Andre Miller to me to be palatable.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

unprotected pick in 2023 > 2022 pick....go with the NJD deal (potentially 2 chances at winning a top 2 or top 5 pick in a very deep draft)

I don't see any way that a non playoff team from this year would deal next years 1st without protection.

• Cheers 1

at the end of the day I'd go for the Boston deal. You get a cost controlled, good size top 4 RHD, a great offensive prospect too. Yes its a 2nd round pick, but the 1sts are all likely late 1sts anyway. 

Wow, well structured poll.  I thought there would be an obvious choice but I went back and forth a bunch.  I was leaning Boston as that is a good package, but decided on LA, because we'd get a young RD with size, and former top prospect who is doing okay but regressed a bit (Still has that high ceiling) and a higher 1st this year so we are not delayed a year of development with a 2023 1st.  We can pick a more sure thing at 15 and either go safe with Noah Warren (Giving us Warren and Grans on RD for the future - This works!) or riskier with someone like Salomonsson with 19.

The part not to be lost in all of this is we use the Miller cap to sign Forsberg, Niederreiter etc so we still recover some of what Miller provides (All of it if we get Forsberg - unlikely)

Went with the PIT deal. Marino could jump right into the Top 4, be the new partner for Quinn.  Poulin brings some size and offence as a prospect, and the #21 could get another real good additional prospect.

BTW, it's Iorio

None of these are terrible, but none are quite what I'd be looking at.  Someone wants a premier power forward in his prime on a hugely discounted deal (would even retain for his last year if necessary) then they'd better be prepared to pay for it. 

Van  - Miller + Rathbone

to

LA - Clarke + Turcotte

LA has no room for all of their young RHD and needs the exact skill-set that Miller brings - they can afford to re-sign him too so he wouldn't necessarily be a rental.  Not to mention, LA is trending up and should be for several more years - Miller could easily be enticed to sign there long-term. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2