Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HHOF Class of 2022: Daniel Alfredsson, Roberto Luongo, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Riikka Sallinen, Herb Carnegie

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

I wasn't really expecting to watch this, but I decided to seeing as the Sedins and Luongo were a part of it. To my surprise, those three added all of the entertainment value of the show, and I felt proud as a Canucks fan. This whole evening kind of felt like a celebration of the 2011 Canucks. The Sedins had great, funny speeches. Also interesting to hear them talk about culture, how hard Lu worked, how the Sedins led by example. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, Coconuts said:

The right decision 

 

Edler should be next once he retires, he holds many Canuck D records and surpassed Ohlund to get many of em

 

Edler is pretty much the most guaranteed induction to the ROH yet.  Everyone with 700 games is in the ring.  Edler got to 900 and would need 1000 to even start thinking about the jersey.

 

Sad thing is our defense has sucked ass the last 2 years.  May as well have just kept him.  Would have been pretty cheap and the D line would have been better and he would have reached 1000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

 

Edler is pretty much the most guaranteed induction to the ROH yet.  Everyone with 700 games is in the ring.  Edler got to 900 and would need 1000 to even start thinking about the jersey.

 

Sad thing is our defense has sucked ass the last 2 years.  May as well have just kept him.  Would have been pretty cheap and the D line would have been better and he would have reached 1000.

I was really hoping we'd find a way to keep him, I think he needed like another 75 game or something to hit 1k as a Canuck

 

He'd have been the first D and fourth after Trevor and the twins if I remember correctly 

 

They really bungled it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I was really hoping we'd find a way to keep him, I think he needed like another 75 game or something to hit 1k as a Canuck

 

He'd have been the first D and fourth after Trevor and the twins if I remember correctly 

 

They really bungled it 

 

They bungled it at the end with a few guys.  No reason Harold Snepsts couldn't or shouldn't have been a Canuck from 1984 to 1988.  Then they brought him back in 1988 (the original favorite son returning home a la Trevor Linden) and then shortly traded him away again.

 

They walked from Thomas Gradin with a year left in his career when he was still two thirds or three quarters of a point a game.  They threw in a 5th rounder to sweeten the deal to give away Dave Babych for a 3rd.  Ronning walked as a free agent for nothing and had almost 10 good years left in him, left Nashville as their career scoring leader.  Doug Lidster was a throw in and then won Cups with two different teams.

 

There aren't a lot of Garth Butchers and Todd Bertuzzis.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

 

They bungled it at the end with a few guys.  No reason Harold Snepsts couldn't or shouldn't have been a Canuck from 1984 to 1988.  Then they brought him back in 1988 (the original favorite son returning home a la Trevor Linden) and then shortly traded him away again.

 

They walked from Thomas Gradin with a year left in his career when he was still two thirds or three quarters of a point a game.  They threw in a 5th rounder to sweeten the deal to give away Dave Babych for a 3rd.  Ronning walked as a free agent for nothing and had almost 10 good years left in him, left Nashville as their career scoring leader.  Doug Lidster was a throw in and then won Cups with two different teams.

 

There aren't a lot of Garth Butchers and Todd Bertuzzis.

 

A history of management making questionable decisions, seems par for course I guess 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

A history of management making questionable decisions, seems par for course I guess 

 

I mean...every team does that kind of stuff.  It was extremely disrespectful for the Lightning to waive Dave Andreychuk midway through his final year...right after he had captained them to the Cup and was still a 40 point player or so.  Guy Lafleur was kind of disrespected by the Canadiens into retiring in the mid 80s, hence his late 80s comeback.  There was no reason the Flyers shouldn't have kept Brian Propp until the end of his career.  He left and immediately led two other teams to the Cup final.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...