The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HHOF Class of 2022: Daniel Alfredsson, Roberto Luongo, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Riikka Sallinen, Herb Carnegie

Rate this topic

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Frank Mahovlich (The Big M) is might be another.  Great career as a Leaf (before the city of Toronto & Imlach ran him out of town; Leafs have never won another Cup since).  Many might only remember him as a Hab (though he only spent 4 seasons there - just a bit longer than the time he spent as a Red Wing).

Yeah maybe.  I think of Frank as a Leaf but he had good stints elsewhere.  Chelios in Montreal vs. Chicago might be one.  Messier ended up becoming so much more famous as a Ranger that I guess that might be one.  I think of Coffey as an Oiler but his stints in Pittsburgh and Detroit were like Mahovlich I guess.  Is Joe Mullen a Flame, a Penguin, a Blue...

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

Congrats to all 3 of them... so pleased the debate of whether the Sedins could be hall of famers without a cup has now been put to bed.

What they did for Canucks, especially with the adversity they had to endure, was nothing short of amazing....

Seguin is still a dumbass...

I've never understood the debate. There are players in the HHoF that never played in the NHL. It's an individual honor for a hockey career while a cup is won by a team. Plus it's the Hockey HoF not the NHL HoF. Thus gold medals, individual awards, games played, and points all contribute to a hockey career. There are several great players that shouldn't be in there if was was all about team accomplishments and just the SC.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’m not sure about that. Luongo was in rough shape in the end, and I’d guess it would have been easy to get doctor confirmation that he could go on extended leave for the last bit, but rather than that, he flat out retired so he could take a comfortable office job with the Panthers. 

Well perhaps Tortorella and our incompetent management shouldn't have embarrassed him by sitting him for the immortal Eddie lack in the outdoor game. Lack was better at Twitter than goaltending and his brief career speaks volumes.  So Luongo's supposed to sit and do nothing to help our cap instead of taking an opportunity for a career after hockey. Would you?

Bettman screwed the Canucks with a retroactive ruling on Luongo's contract.

Best goalie we have ever had bar none. (Maybe our current kid will surpass him (Please))

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

A Cup is nowhere near a Hart or Art Ross Trophy.  Win either of those and you are almost 100% guaranteed to get into the Hall.  Even a Cup plus a Conn Smythe Trophy doesn't count for as much as a Hart or Art Ross.

I think these four guys all going in with no Cups is going to usher in a new era of Cups being a bonus feature, which is how it should be in a 32 team league where a player with a sixteen year career would thus have about a 50% chance of winning one Cup.

Anyway, Marcel Dionne getting in with zero playoff success in his entire career kind of set the stage for players not being dragged out of Hall of Fame consideration by weak teams.

I totally agree... It also means real stars, who are loyal to the franchises they represents should be honoured, if their talents and individual achievement merits this. 

Just really pleased for the Sedins in particular but for Lu as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Does anyone think the NHL should create some regional offices and share the wealth? Why is it all in Toronto?

Why not a hockey hall of fame regional museum in Vancouver and Montreal? 
Why not have a pacific based regional office of the war room, or “issue room” as they call it now?

Why not Hockey hall of fame inductions in Vancouver with so many ex Canucks joining? Biggest hockey moment in Canada in the last two decades was Vancouver olympics. Screw Toronto.

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Francesco being Italian will of course retire Bobby Lou's jersey now.  I predict it will happen next year against the Florida Panthers...

And Luca Sbisa will be right after.