The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals] Summer Overhaul

Canucks are gonna look very different this year. Think they won't make a lot of trades, but impactful ones.

VAN:

Martin Necas (RFA)

Scott Morrow 

2023 1st 

CAR:

J.T. Miller

--

Trade #2: Pearson to LA

VAN:

Helge Grans

Lias Andersson

LA:

Tanner Pearson

Mikey DiPietro

--

Free Agency:

Sign Curtis Lazar, Zach Sanford

Boeser - Pettersson - Podkolzin 

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Garland 

Sanford - Necas - Hoglander

Andersson - Lazar - Lockwood

• Didn't even bother trying the defence because that thing is a mess. I think with the Carolina trade, Morrow is the RHD with the super high potential that fits what the Canucks are looking for in a Miller package. Kid played well at UMass this year, so could continue to develop. Necas (RFA) gives that right-handed centre option we have been so desperate for, and also can score more in an opportunity here as he has never had the opportunity there for the longest time despite his pedigree as a high first rounder. Carolina has been touted as the next up and coming team for the longest time.. and made moves to become more of a contender recently (i.e. Andersen in goal). However, they have repeatedly shown that they keep choking and not getting past that 2nd round hurdle. Think Don Waddell makes a big splash because I think he's under more pressure with losing to NYR this past playoff.
  • LA trade... Pearson fits in them needing a veteran presence for their future playoff runs, and we sweeten the pot with DiPietro since it seems Silovs has overtaken him for the #1A position in Abbotsford. Would love to target Helge Grans, think there is no chance we get Brock Faber. Their RHD is stacked at the NHL level with Matt Roy, Jordan Spence, and Sean Durzi. Lias Andersson would be a throw in, but I think he can play here. Didn't even make their playoff roster, so would be a nice add to our bottom six energy role.
  • Lazar and Sanford in free agency, can skate but brings some versatility and willingness to be physical. 
Edited by DudePerfect
  • Cheers 1

• DudePerfect changed the title to [Proposals] Summer Overhaul
10 hours ago, DudePerfect said:

Canucks are gonna look very different this year. Think they won't make a lot of trades, but impactful ones.

VAN:

Martin Necas (RFA)

Scott Morrow 

2023 1st 

CAR:

J.T. Miller

--

Trade #2: Pearson to LA

VAN:

Helge Grans

Lias Andersson

LA:

Tanner Pearson

Mikey DiPietro

--

Free Agency:

Sign Curtis Lazar, Zach Sanford

Boeser - Pettersson - Podkolzin 

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Garland 

Sanford - Necas - Hoglander

Andersson - Lazar - Lockwood

• Didn't even bother trying the defence because that thing is a mess. I think with the Carolina trade, Morrow is the RHD with the super high potential that fits what the Canucks are looking for in a Miller package. Kid played well at UMass this year, so could continue to develop. Necas (RFA) gives that right-handed centre option we have been so desperate for, and also can score more in an opportunity here as he has never had the opportunity there for the longest time despite his pedigree as a high first rounder. Carolina has been touted as the next up and coming team for the longest time.. and made moves to become more of a contender recently (i.e. Andersen in goal). However, they have repeatedly shown that they keep choking and not getting past that 2nd round hurdle. Think Don Waddell makes a big splash because I think he's under more pressure with losing to NYR this past playoff.
  • LA trade... Pearson fits in them needing a veteran presence for their future playoff runs, and we sweeten the pot with DiPietro since it seems Silovs has overtaken him for the #1A position in Abbotsford. Would love to target Helge Grans, think there is no chance we get Brock Faber. Their RHD is stacked at the NHL level with Matt Roy, Jordan Spence, and Sean Durzi. Lias Andersson would be a throw in, but I think he can play here. Didn't even make their playoff roster, so would be a nice add to our bottom six energy role.
  • Lazar and Sanford in free agency, can skate but brings some versatility and willingness to be physical. 

I would rather trade with LA, NYR, NJ Devils,  then Carolina... Miller deal will give Canucks the RD under 24, top 9 roster player under 26, Top prospect and 2nd rounder..

The LA Kings and NYR  teams are loaded with talent under 24...

28 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I would rather trade with LA, NYR, NJ Devils,  then Carolina... Miller deal will give Canucks the RD under 24, top 9 roster player under 26, Top prospect and 2nd rounder..

The LA Kings and NYR  teams are loaded with talent under 24...

Isn't Scott Morrow a highly regarded RHD prospect?  6'2" 195lbs RHD ... 33pts in 37 games with UMass.  That's only 6 points less than our own Aidan Mcdonough (who's a forward).

I'd be pretty happy with Necas, Morrow, and a 1st for Miller while signing either Niederreiter or Trochek as a UFA.

• Cheers 2

I like both these trades, Dude.  Our team ends up with two promising RD prospects, a great middle 6C-r and another

1st round pick in '23.

I don't have much hope in Andersson making the NHL, but the trade for Grans is still a good one.

Well done! 

11 hours ago, HKSR said:

Isn't Scott Morrow a highly regarded RHD prospect?  6'2" 195lbs RHD ... 33pts in 37 games with UMass.  That's only 6 points less than our own Aidan Mcdonough (who's a forward).

I'd be pretty happy with Necas, Morrow, and a 1st for Miller while signing either Niederreiter or Trochek as a UFA.

I don't know much about Morrow but like his size and of course put up decent numbers and RD man all good.... I would be okay with prospect from any of these 5 teams..

LA Kings, NYR, NJ Devils, Carolina...It will be a very interesting 10 -15 days starting now...Lots of NHL transactions..