The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kings re-sign Kevin Fiala

Wonder how this affects JTs negotiations 

3 1/2 years younger scored similar goals, 14 less points contract brings him to 33 (100 % of contract is prime years) I do understand centre’s Seem to fetch higher value than wingers and JT is a bit more proven but I do not see a world where he is getting more than 8 million and if he wants term 7/8 years that number HAS to come down to 7 to make sense 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, LegionOfDoom said:

Wonder how this affects JTs negotiations 

3 1/2 years younger scored similar goals, 14 less points contract brings him to 33 (100 % of contract is prime years) I do understand centre’s Seem to fetch higher value than wingers and JT is a bit more proven but I do not see a world where he is getting more than 8 million and if he wants term 7/8 years that number HAS to come down to 7 to make sense 

Also feel it’s risky for him to be traded to a contender and end up burried in depth due to systems or just not being a fit and having his AAV drip down to 6 next summer 

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Well the aav is close to Boeser QO... 

Well, then maybe LA would like to re-up Mills and Boeser, while we strafe their yutes, prospects, and picks.

Seriously though, I guess I just don't pay enough attention to know whether KF is that good a player; 55 bones in a cap-strapped league... 

32 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Well the aav is close to Boeser QO... 

Yup.

Fiala had a breakout year and cashed in big.  Previous years he put similar point totals to Boeser.

One would think Boeser should be getting around $7M x 7yrs just by looking at Fiala deal.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

That's a lot of money for a guy with one breakout season. This is his first time topping 60 points and has never scored more than 30 until this year but he's still young too. 

I'm curious as to how it'll impact the prices afforded to other pending RFA's, but also how it'll impact the price of UFA's

If Fiala gets almost 8M where does that put Boeser and Miller? Fiala just had a career year but if you look at his other seasons Boeser was arguably more impressive. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

I wonder what this does internally for Adrian Kempe who had his own breakout year of sorts. 

He needs a new deal too. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'm curious as to how it'll impact the prices afforded to other pending RFA's, but also how it'll impact the price of UFA's

If Fiala gets almost 8M where does that put Boeser and Miller? 

It puts Boeser at $6.5-$7M.  Miller at $8.5-$9M.  Both with term and some NMC that turns to M-NTC in the later years of the contract.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1