The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Jim Pappin

Rate this topic

The NHL lost another great one and he slipped my mind in my Hall of Very Good and Unjustly Forgotten players over in the Sedins / Lu HOF thread with players like Blaine Stoughton, Pit Martin, Jean Pronovost...

278 goals, 92 points in 1972-73, two Cups including the Cup winning goals for the Leafs' last championship oh so many years ago, when he led the entire NHL in playoff goals and playoff points for the year.  Eight 20 goal seasons, four 30 goal seasons, 41 goals in 72-73.

s-l300.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

The NHL lost another great one and he slipped my mind in my Hall of Very Good and Unjustly Forgotten players over in the Sedins / Lu HOF thread with players like Blaine Stoughton, Pit Martin, Jean Pronovost...

278 goals, 92 points in 1972-73, two Cups including the Cup winning goals for the Leafs' last championship oh so many years ago, when he led the entire NHL in playoff goals and playoff points for the year.  Eight 20 goal seasons, four 30 goal seasons, 41 goals in 72-73.

s-l300.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Jimmy broke into the NHL in 1963 and I can still remember hearing his name on CBC radio broadcast, along with Keon. Some great years with Bobby Hull in Chicago. RIP

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1