The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gaudette UFA

16 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

He is a young right shot center who can fill a spot for cheap. Similar to a Travis Dermot kind of player. If we bring him back we could run a season of mediocracy where we target ok players that are cost efficient and give them ice time hopping that one or two of them take a step in their development. 

Here is a line up of what I mean if we did this. We obviously wont be competing for the cup but the following season we will be in a better cap position. 

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser 

Kuzmenko Horvat Garland 

Domi Gaudette Hoglander  

Highmore Lammikko Lockwood 

Hughes Schenn 

OEL Bear 

Dermott Boroughs

Rathbone 

Edit - trade Miller and co. for young prospects and picks 

Dude, gaudette sucks.  Dont waste ur time

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Before or after getting kicked in the head?

I think the Gaud show is over in Van.  I hope it is.  There didn't seem to be a lot of love lost when he left for whatever reason.

Disrespected the team with his Covid behaviour, and put everyone and their families at greater risk.

Considering his tepid performance on the ice, I was surprised we got a player as good as Highmore for him.

1 hour ago, PuckFather said:

I think Dubas will sign him for cheap and the Leafs media will hype him big time, as usual 

So true. He will come out of the gates on fire, three goals in four games. "All Hail Dubas!" will be the headlines. Then be pressboxed by Dec. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Disrespected the team with his Covid behaviour, and put everyone and their families at greater risk.

Considering his tepid performance on the ice, I was surprised we got a player as good as Highmore for him.

Was there any even concrete proof of this? I don't think there is.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:12 AM, Mustard Tiger said:

Went after looks over brains and she probably has been dragging his career down because of it. Not much potential to become much regardless though 

I clearly remember what she said about the masks. Wasn't a good look at all. A very stupid thing to say.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Gaudette was heavily speculated as patient zero. He was the one who went to Whistler with his wife, and that was a COVID hotspot. Though it may be unfair to pin the COVID spread of the Canucks, he was pretty negligent.

Gaudette's wife also flagrantly disregarded team protocols (as seen in the video in which she was interviewed). She said those rules weren't going to stop her from shopping for her stuff.

Both of them seem like selfish, inconsiderate people. I also remember how certain Canuck players removed him from their Twitter friends. (Bo being one of them)

• Upvote 1

26 in October, someone will probably take a flier on him. Definitely won't be us. He has been absolutely doo-doo in the faceoff dot. Defensively he's a traffic cone. And physically he gets pushed around by girl scouts. Who are not to be trifled with, just pay for the cookies. Not gonna lie, he seems like a flake. He could be a reliable 3rd line guy if he was a bit more dedicated to the game and had a better head on his shoulders. Not going for an "I told you so" but something about him always felt off to me.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Gaudette was heavily speculated as patient zero. He was the one who went to Whistler with his wife, and that was a COVID hotspot. Though it may be unfair to pin the COVID spread of the Canucks, he was pretty negligent.

Gaudette's wife also flagrantly disregarded team protocols (as seen in the video in which she was interviewed). She said those rules weren't going to stop her from shopping for her stuff.

Both of them seem like selfish, inconsiderate people. I also remember how certain Canuck players removed him from their Twitter friends. (Bo being one of them)

I think him getting covid first is known to everyone the question is if he broke protocol and there's not enough concrete sources to support this

21 hours ago, iinatcc said:

His wife was in Whistler right before it all went during a serious outbreak. Or so I was told by staff where she stayed. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

His wife was in Whistler right before it all went during a serious outbreak. Or so I was told by staff where she stayed. 

god when you think of the stupid moves between this and Green how did we not end up with the 1st oa pick? 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1