The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Poolparty wants out again

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Hey man, wanna share some of your shrooms?

I would break it down like this:

-Edmonton needs stronger D, and Myers, while a good D isn't the right mix for us.  He is definitely an overall upgrade on Keith as the wheels are mostly off him now

-We take on a similar cap hit in Keith, but it's only for the year rather than two more years of Myers

-Obviously that is a large downgrade for us, but a bit of a benefit as that cap is off the books quicker.  The difference in value is PoolParty who is completely out of favour in Edm now.

-Outside of it being within the conference, both teams appear to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

-Edmonton needs stronger D, and Myers, while a good D isn't the right mix for us.  He is definitely an overall upgrade on Keith as the wheels are mostly off him now

-We take on a similar cap hit in Keith, but it's only for the year rather than two more years of Myers

-Obviously that is a large downgrade for us, but a bit of a benefit as that cap is off the books quicker.  The difference in value is PoolParty who is completely out of favour in Edm now.

I understand what you’re saying but no one wants Keith in a Nux jersey. no one.

as a fan, personally it would make me sick to have any cap space devoted to him.

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Since Pearson is a roster placeholder (a good one) for us until we are more ready to realistically compete would Edmonton be in interested in a swap for Poolparty since they are ready now?  I would assume they would want to swap for a D, but who knows.

If we still had Juolevi, we could have traded #5 for #4 in that year's draft. I'm pretty sure we're not the only fan base who regretted passing on Matthew Tkachuk that year,

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Undrafted said:

I found this bit from the SN article interesting:

Honestly, I can't tell if it's because Puljujarvi's as dumb as they say or if that's just part of the constant whine coming out of McDrai

There was a bit of a language barrier as well when he first came over.  That's tough to overcome when you play with a spoiled primadonna  who cares more about personal stats than winning.

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

And how do you address the damage a locker room cancer like Keith could cause?  You can get a better return for Myers than someone you'd have to suspend immediately to keep him away from the rest of the team.

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There was a bit of a language barrier as well when he first came over.  That's tough to overcome when you play with a spoiled primadonna  who cares more about personal stats than winning.

That was years ago, though; language shouldn't be an issue at this point, no?

6 minutes ago, Undrafted said:

That was years ago, though; language shouldn't be an issue at this point, no?

And McDiver should have turned into a man but we know how that turned out.  I think getting Poolparty away from that gutless coward can only help.

23 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I understand what you’re saying but no one wants Keith in a Nux jersey. no one.

as a fan, personally it would make me sick to have any cap space devoted to him.

Including me.  The only reason I see it is for the cap and wouldn't be trying to acquire him.  I would be immediately discussing moving him somewhere else or having him retire.  If they have a different cap move I would be more than happy to do that if it's short term.

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And how do you address the damage a locker room cancer like Keith could cause?  You can get a better return for Myers than someone you'd have to suspend immediately to keep him away from the rest of the team.

I don't want him on the team, it's just for cap reasons.  Either he retires or we move him along further.  I agree I don't want him playing in Van.

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And McDiver should have turned into a man but we know how that turned out.  I think getting Poolparty away from that gutless coward can only help.

Perhaps so, but personally, I'd be leery about giving up anything of value for a reclamation project, regardless of how early he was drafted.

Personally i think Pullijarvi has the tools to be good and shows it at times. He is just not suited to the Oilers off the rush style. He could click with a more cerebral centre like Petey. 

Oilers are going to need to push again next season. A Dickinson or Pearson swap makes sense for both sides. Or send them Mikey D for their Goalie pipeline.