The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ryan Strome, Andrew Copp to hit free agency

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's actually more expensive for next year, but will be cheaper for one year after that.  He could be a good short term option.  However, Miller is a better player at this point of their careers.  Do the Rangers want to gamble and trade for the inferior player or do they want to trade for the better player and take their best shot for the Cup?

Lol how is scheifele a gamble and a inferior player? He’s been over a ppg guy for 6 years in a row vs Miller coming off a career year only 2 years above ppg and inferior ppg every other year? I don’t see miller a better player at this point if anything scheifele is a far more consistent player. They are similar at best. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol how is scheifele a gamble and a inferior player? He’s been over a ppg guy for 6 years in a row vs Miller coming off a career year only 2 years above ppg and inferior ppg every other year? I don’t see miller a better player at this point if anything scheifele is a far more consistent player. They are similar at best. 

Isn't 99 points more than 70 points?  Or is my math wrong?

At this moment in time Miller is the better player.  Doesn't matter what Scheifele did 3 years ago, or even 2 years ago.  And how do you know Miller has even peaked?  What if he can get you 110 points?  

39 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Strome would be a decent 2C (passer/play producer) especially if Miller gets dealt for a top 6/top 4 and a pick

Copp would be an excellent but too much price tag as a top 9 (3C)

Just as a thought experiment...Move Bo to C Pettersson and Podkolzin and sign Copp to 2C...? We'd still need a 3C in that scenario but...

Petterson, Horvat, Podkolzin

Kuzmenko, Copp, Boeser

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Better options for that +/-$3m than Zacha IMO.

FAR rather trade for Roy for example.

Roy is another good option too.  Different type of player but will depend on acquisition cost too.  Either way I’d rather go that direction and keep our 3C in the 3M range.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Copp - Yes

Strome - No

Only problem is Copp is lefty and his price might get silly. Handedness Not a huge issue if we have lazar as 4C but top 3 C all being lefties isn’t ideal ideal. And the AAV he signs for in super curious. It would have to be 5 or preferably below in the 4s to work with our team I would think.  

15 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Only problem is Copp is lefty and his price might get silly. Handedness Not a huge issue if we have lazar as 4C but top 3 C all being lefties isn’t ideal ideal. And the AAV he signs for in super curious. It would have to be 5 or preferably below in the 4s to work with our team I would think.  

Trade for Roy, sign Lazar 

1 hour ago, combover said:

Nah I’m going be like the guys who still blame Gillis.lol. 

Gillis is trash though. He legitimately messed with the Canucks prospect pool with his poor drafting and development, which has far greater ramifications than whatever Benning did.

There's a reason why no other team has taken him back on, despite his successes in Vancouver.

2 hours ago, combover said:

Nah I’m going be like the guys who still blame Gillis.lol. 

With Gillis to be fair he left us with absolutely nothing, but I don’t fault him for it as it did get us 1 win from the cup and 2 presidents trophies. The time was right to go all in. He did leave us with absolutely nothing in the end though and that is a fact. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Signing lazar is a no brainer I think. Hope it happens.

what’s your trade for Roy ?

Love to "help them out" with their cap. We get Roy and take back Brossoit (cap) and send them like a 3rd or equivalent prospect + Ferland's LTIR (they'll already be operating in LTIR with Weber). Add to that if we can get Hague too.

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Love to "help them out" with their cap. We get Roy and take back Brossoit (cap) and send them like a 3rd or equivalent prospect + Ferland's LTIR (they'll already be operating in LTIR with Weber). Add to that if we can get Hague too.

Does that actually work numbers wise for them? Roy would be a great fit though for sure

I figured Stome would be walking months ago, a bit surprised to see Copp exploring free agency though. Which means his ask is likely higher than folks might expect, Rangers really seemed to like him. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1