The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What it's TRULY like to be a Canucks fan...

Rate this topic

iceman64

Depends on whether a person is a true fan (only cheers for us and hates all others) or a half fan (who has several teams they cheer for).  True fans suffer with the club.  Half fans just go cheer for one of their other teams during difficult times.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

What it's truly like to be a Canuck fan:

1. Up 3 -2 in games in the SCF and Luongo does his pump my tires speech..

2. Trailing by a goal late in game 7 of the SCF and LaFayette hits the crossbar..

3. Overtime game 1 SCF and Snepts passes to Bossy for the game winning goal...against us..

..That's what it's truly like lol.

Oh ya and being a fan for 50 plus years, having season tickets for 25 years and still....no cup.

Well a lot of that has to do from fans obsessed with winning one so badly (for years) and management too. Sell the farm for a roster with no depth, yes it truly sucks!

Amazing what real fans with put up with for so long. (Ponders hearing Lever's name on the radio during games when he was playing)

Before we got the absolute luxury of a 14" black and white TV with antenna to move around so we could get CBC, damn we were spoiled! Lmao! 

Actually I remember when our small town got a dish and we got WGN Chicago and watched a guy who was playing for the DePaul blue demons and he looked pretty good, kind of thought he was NBA material maybe? Who is this new guy named Micheal Jordon? Lmao! 

Edited by iceman64

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

And most of them, at least...have won a SC.:sadno:

Even fans of teams that win the cup believe refs (and often include Bettman) did their best to screw them out of the cup. It's called blind homerism. That blind homerism is ten times worse here because we haven't won the cup.

Sad.gif.bacb6b38c638ad27d94d544a38324181.gif

• Haha 1

I have to disagree with this, I watch a lot of other games that have teams I couldn’t care less about and I can clearly see referee bias.

3 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Even fans of teams that win the cup believe refs (and often include Bettman) did their best to screw them out of the cup. It's called blind homerism. That blind homerism is ten times worse here because we haven't won the cup.

Sad.gif.bacb6b38c638ad27d94d544a38324181.gif

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Well a lot of that has to do from fans obsessed with winning one so badly (for years) and management too. Sell the farm for a roster with no depth, yes it truly sucks!

Amazing what real fans with put up with for so long. (Ponders hearing Lever's name on the radio during games when he was playing)

Before we got the absolute luxury of a 14" black and white TV with antenna to move around so we could get CBC, damn we were spoiled! Lmao! 

Actually I remember when our small town got a dish and we got WGN Chicago and watched a guy who was playing for the DePaul blue demons and he looked pretty good, kind of thought he was NBA material maybe? Who is this new guy named Micheal Jordon? Lmao! 

Michael "Jordon" of DePaul Blue Demons.  LMFAO. 

2 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Michael "Jordon" of DePaul Blue Demons.  LMFAO. 

Yeah and guess who drafted him out of DePaul? He turned into a Red demon!  The Bulls were arguably the luckiest team in the NBA to land him. 

6 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Lol, the quality of reffing in general can be up for debate but to think we have it worse than other teams is laughable.

That was the point... :PYou have zero sense of humour? But add that and Canucks luck and that means trouble! :P CURSED I tell ya!

Edited by iceman64