The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Current Construction of the Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  I’m seeing both Miller and Garland as traded for sure.  And Myers will get moved to providing the return from Miller or Garland can replace his minutes.  Love to get both Marino and Kapanen.  Faster, and younger. 

Same - Kap is underrated IMO. His big frame, speed and ability to fight off defensemen would be helpful for a team that utilized both Hoggie and Garland (and Petey to some extent) in the top-6 at the same time last year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Podz is ahead of Pearson already and Hogz seems to have run afoul of Boudreau for some reason and was injured part of the time.

Pearson is a much more valuable player than you give him credit for, imo.

No i already said he's good. I said that over and over. 

What I'm saying is now that he's going into his 30 year old season his days are numbered.

The nhl doesn't need a 30 year old who peaked at a 2nd line winger and it has proven it by having virtually 0 of them. 

Sit back and watch this season play out. You'll see what i mean. 

Edited by Nucklefuts

9 hours ago, Nucklefuts said:

Sure I'll play along. 

Which one of those players you named peaked at under 50 points and only played on the second line let alone second pp unit?

Do they have to have a mole on their right leg and only played 13 times on Sunday's while only eating red M&M's too? You kill me man. :lol:

16 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I don't 30 year old's are allowed to play in the playoffs, are they? ::D

Trading Miller means Pearson stays.  Our left wingers need that experienced guy in the group the coach can count on (what’s given and expected) night in and night out.  Who are our left wingers after Miller?  Pearson, Kuzmenko, Hogs, Highmore?  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trading Miller means Pearson stays.  Our left wingers need that experienced guy in the group the coach can count on (what’s given and expected) night in and night out.  Who are our left wingers after Miller?  Pearson, Kuzmenko, Hogs, Highmore?  

Mikheyev :ph34r:

• Vintage 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:24 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

So with the signing of Brock Boeser, we currently have only two players left to sign that are RFA's.  Juho Lammikko and Matthew Highmore.  If we were to re-sign both of them which is likely, then our team is complete with 23 players and we are at around $82 million on the cap including Ferland's LTIR, our buyouts and bonus money.  Here is the current construction of our team:

Kuzmenko        Pettersson       Boeser

Pearson           Miller                Podkolzin

Hoglander        Horvat              Garland

Dickinson         Lammikko        Highmore

Dowling

Hughes          Schenn

OEL               Myers

Dermott         Poolman

Rathbone      Burroughs 

Demko    Martin

So how do people view the current construction of our team?  What needs to be done to make us better?  

We've obviously talked about alot of ways to change the makeup of the team.  Let's use this thread to look at the actual lineup and make changes that can show actual lines put together as well as defence partners.  

I see the current makeup of the team as good enough to make the playoffs but will have trouble beating the upper echelon teams.  Should Miller be kept to keep our centre depth elite?  How does that affect the wings?  Do we need more size and speed on the wings?  More truculence?  How do you feel about Schenn having to play with Hughes on the top pairing?  Will Poolman even be able to play?

We need to move Miller out, for a Marino +, Schneider+ etc and replace with a "proper" 3C (my preference would be acquiring Roy from Vegas).

Also need to move Myers out, ideally for futures and again, ideally sign Lyubushkin or similar.

From there, add some solid depth/grit guys, more RH'd C's etc. Acciari, Bjugstad, Lazar...

I'd we can swap a Dickenson for a Kapanen etc, sounds like they want to move out Pearson (though I'm not opposed to keeping him... Good middle 6 guy IMO) that would be great too.

Podkolzin, Pettersson, Boeser

Kuzmenko, Horvat, Garland

Kapanen, Roy, Hoglander

Lammiko, Acciari, Highmore

Hughes, Marino

OEL, Lyubushkin 

Rathbone/Dermott, Schenn (or however the pairings sort out)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Do they have to have a mole on their right leg and only played 13 times on Sunday's while only eating red M&M's too? You kill me man. :lol:

Every person you mentioned is/was an elite first line player in their career. 

When was Pearson even remotely close to that?

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We need to move Miller out, for a Marino +, Schneider+ etc and replace with a "proper" 3C (my preference would be acquiring Roy from Vegas).

Also need to move Myers out, ideally for futures and again, ideally sign Lyubushkin or similar.

From there, add some solid depth/grit guys, more RH'd C's etc. Acciari, Bjugstad, Lazar...

I'd we can swap a Dickenson for a Kapanen etc, sounds like they want to move out Pearson (though I'm not opposed to keeping him... Good middle 6 guy IMO) that would be great too.

Kapanen, Roy, Hoglander

Hughes, Marino

OEL, Lyubushkin 

Do you think Petey is ready for the 1C position? If not, is Bo going to be our 1C until he is ready? 

1 minute ago, Nucklefuts said:

Every person you mentioned is/was an elite first line player in their career. 

When was Pearson even remotely close to that?

Its way over your head Dude, leave it alone. The conversation has gone way off track. Pearson is not even worth arguing about, to tell you the truth.

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Kapanen, Roy, Hoglander

Hughes, Marino

OEL, Lyubushkin 

That’s a heck of a good lineup.  And the moves you suggest are certainly doable.  If we come out in October looking like that, Alf will be (drunk, of course) and happy.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Its way over your head Dude, leave it alone. The conversation has gone way off track. Pearson is not even worth arguing about, to tell you the truth.

Comparing him to Kucherov was the most ridiculous possible thing anyone could have said. 

Good idea copping out of this one lol. 

Edited by Nucklefuts

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a heck of a good lineup.  And the moves you suggest are certainly doable.  If we come out in October looking like that, Alf will be (drunk, of course) and happy.  

Then take that and move Garland for futures and replace with UFA Mikayev ::D

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Do you think Petey is ready for the 1C position? If not, is Bo going to be our 1C until he is ready? 

We need SOMEBODY to handle the tough defensive minutes (if you're going to be moving Bo away from that role to try & handle a more offensive role).  Haven't had anybody very solid in that since Sutter's body gave out due to accumulated injuries & COVID.