The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumours) OTT Sens potential moves and rumblings

RWJC

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

hopefully someone with more speed or bulking up our bottom 6 

Dickie was awful. Part of that might be Green shattering his confidence for sure but he also may have been sheltered in Dallas, not sure. Whatever it is he just wasn't a fit or useful here. I agree a buyout isn't ideal at all, the only reason I can see it happening is if there's a trade where we just have to have that 1.7 in cap space savings.

What we'd need is more picks etc and other assets to give this contract to someone else.   Something we can't afford yet.   Why i think best thing for now anyways, is just let him redeem himself.     Wasn't JB best signing was it?  Like he was caught in a loop trying to fill out a roster.   Dickie was one of his safer signings that summer based on his play in Dallas.    He for sure knows that his days in the NHL are numbered if he doesn't show up next year. 

Edit:  He wasn't sheltered in Dallas. Played tough minutes.   The term was like JB, giving an extra year good grief.    I hope our pro scouting department doesn't make as many mistakes under Allvin as JBs did.   

Edited by IBatch

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

What we'd need is more picks etc and other assets to give this contract to someone else.   Something we can't afford yet.   Why i think best thing for now anyways, is just let him redeem himself.     Wasn't JB best signing was it?  Like he was caught in a loop trying to fill out a roster.   Dickie was one of his safer signings that summer based on his play in Dallas.    He for sure knows that his days in the NHL are numbered if he doesn't show up next year. 

the guy was just set up to fail here. I'm hoping maybe someone like Ottawa who have trouble filling out rosters will take a flyer on him.

Without moving guys like Pearson and Dickie I don't see how we bring in more speed in particular to the group, we're going to need it to keep up in the West.