The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Ryan McDonagh to Predators for Philippe Myers, Grant Mismash

I read the guys name as Mishmash.

I thought you just didn’t wanna spell his real last name cause it was too confusing. :lol:

Amazing that teams keep helping out the Lightning though. That’s a big piece of their success gone. Not sure who they replace him

with.

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

@mll I thought Poile was dedicated to a slow long proper rebuild (doesn't want to win) and there is no way he's taking on an older player like Miller?

So long for Poile and his competitive rebuild.  I wonder if it's not a consequence of the change in ownership although they don't seem to have given up much.

They always wanted to remain competitive as they transition to a younger core.

Edited by mll

5 minutes ago, mll said:

So long for Poile and his competitive rebuild.  I wonder if it's not a consequence of the change in ownership although they don't seem to have given up much.

They always wanted to remain competitive as they transition to a younger core.

Competitive rebuild?  Isn’t that an oxymoron?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kacholu said:

How can Tampa get so much help from everyone. It simply amazes me 

I suppose. But McDon is still a very good dman and there will always be offers for a guy like that. But I agree, done with Tampa. No soup for you. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I suppose. But McDon is still a very good dman and there will always be offers for a guy like that. But I agree, done with Tampa. No soup for you. 

Don't get me wrong. He's a very good player but with his age and contract he can fall of the cliff any minute 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Competitive rebuild?  Isn’t that an oxymoron?  

His words.  He explained that they want to compete while transitioning to a younger core. 

They haven't given up much of anything so I am not sure they've changed direction.  Philippe Myers was even loaned to the Marlies - they didn't even keep him in their system to end the season. Mismash has 12pts in 57 AHL games. 

McDonagh will help them improve defensively - Nashville has struggled to defend for some time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Weird trade, seems like a cap dump but McDonagh has a fair bit of value in the short term, not in the long term, so sort of like a rental turn cap dump.

Must mean the Preds want to win next year still. Tampa get a lot of cap relief and barely take any back.