The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Canuck were you wrong about? Good or Bad?

Rate this topic

danjr

Lots of times I do buy into the hype of rabid fans.  At the draft there was so much talk about the league becoming faster and more skilled.
Hunter Shinkaruk was in my mind a sure fire winner for this team.  Not gonna lie, I really blew it on that guess.

1 single solitary game for this franchise.  At least we got the better end of the deal by trading him for Granlund.

So who were you wrong about?  Was it someone you thought was going to be a bum and exceed all expectations.  Or a player you thought was going to become a league star for us?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, danjr said:

Lots of times I do buy into the hype of rabid fans.  At the draft there was so much talk about the league becoming faster and more skilled.
Hunter Shinkaruk was in my mind a sure fire winner for this team.  Not gonna lie, I really blew it on that guess.

1 single solitary game for this franchise.  At least we got the better end of the deal by trading him for Granlund.

So who were you wrong about?  Was it someone you thought was going to be a bum and exceed all expectations.  Or a player you thought was going to become a league star for us?

Bet my buddy 10 bucks that Ferland would be a 20 goal scorer for us. Sigh. 

Not Loui, I was spot on with that one

but Jake, I thought he would get it together at some point

but it just seemed to be one thing after another

Also, Jim Benning, (initially) I was fine with the Kesler trade... but after that, no, followed by more no and then Loui and then... 

Funny story about Hodgson. Me and my buddy were pretty stoked about him. I thought next captain lol. But my buddy ordered his jersey and while it was shipping Hodgson was traded. Jersey didn’t even arrive yet lol

• Haha 2