The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Canuck were you wrong about? Good or Bad?

Rate this topic

danjr

A first round pick for a third line winger named miller , Sure glad now i was dead wrong ! My friend was a Bruins fan he was at my house when we first heard about Louie and he Laughed and Laughed so I was not as surprised as everyone but very disappointed 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

A first round pick for a third line winger named miller , Sure glad now i was dead wrong ! My friend was a Bruins fan he was at my house when we first heard about Louie and he Laughed and Laughed so I was not as surprised as everyone but very disappointed 

It's the type of trade that worked well for both teams.  Remember the Bolts needed cap space & they won two straight Cups after they dealt Miller (and lost in the Finals in the 3rd year).

Cole Cassels.

Cody Hodgson.

I still think better medical staff could have checked out his back and looked into it better.

(I still also think the stuff about his Dad was Gillis making an excuse to move Hodgson for Kassian. Because no other GM had similar complaints...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Cole Cassels.

Cody Hodgson.

I still think better medical staff could have checked out his back and looked into it better.

(I still also think the stuff about his Dad was Gillis making an excuse to move Hodgson for Kassian. Because no other GM had similar complaints...)

I remember AV saying things about Cody not having any “pop” in his legs.  Then in Nashville their doctors diagnosed Cody with that degenerative muscle disease.  I think Cody was struggling with that illness for a long time, and AV noticed it as “pop” or what we call jump.  I too liked Cody.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Cole Cassels.

Cody Hodgson.

I thought he was the real deal, it seemed they were bringing him along really well. I agree with you on his medical issues, it seemed they had a diagnosis, then kept going with it. It reminded me so much of the Mike Robataille case way back when.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I thought he was the real deal, it seemed they were bringing him along really well. I agree with you on his medical issues, it seemed they had a diagnosis, then kept going with it. It reminded me so much of the Mike Robataille case way back when.

Cody has a disease that wasn’t diagnosed until 2017 by the Nashville doctor’s.

Finally, after what would be his final NHL season with the Nashville Predators, he underwent a muscle biopsy and was subsequently diagnosed with malignant hyperthermia, a genetic disorder that can be triggered by prolonged physical activity. With the diagnoses, doctors told Hodgson that his career was over.”

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My biggest fault was I was actually upset at losing Stojanov for Naslund. I loved how Stojanov hit everything that moved. And worried Quinn picked up a floater as a forward.

Boy was I wrong.

Side story. I was at 8 rinks watching some of the black aces doing an optional skate. Naslund was like night and day better than the rest of the guys on the ice. The talent was there, I guess Pittsburg didn't see it.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cody has a disease that wasn’t diagnosed until 2017 by the Nashville doctor’s.

Finally, after what would be his final NHL season with the Nashville Predators, he underwent a muscle biopsy and was subsequently diagnosed with malignant hyperthermia, a genetic disorder that can be triggered by prolonged physical activity. With the diagnoses, doctors told Hodgson that his career was over.”

I can't believe a medical doctor would miss something as serious as this. How about Curt Fraser and his missed diabetes diagnosis?

Edited by johngould21
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember AV saying things about Cody not having any “pop” in his legs.  Then in Nashville their doctors diagnosed Cody with that degenerative muscle disease.  I think Cody was struggling with that illness for a long time, and AV noticed it as “pop” or what we call jump.  I too liked Cody.  

Let's not forget that buffalo doctors didn't catch this either. He wasn't diagnosed until 4 years after that trade happened.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

I can't believe a medical doctor would miss something as serious as this. How about Curt Fraser and his missed diabetes diagnosis?

I know Tanti is one of our best goal scorers, but man I liked that Fraser, Gradin, Smyle line.  

• Cheers 3