The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Tavares Part of a Deal With Canucks?

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Keeping this open for a bit purely based on entertainment value. 

Considering we don’t have the US politics thread for entertainment anymore I guess it makes sense. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shayster007 said:

Obviously, no. BUT since this whole forum is just about having fun and talking hockey... What type of deal could Tavares and the Canucks be part of that might make sense?

In a 3-way trade where Tavares ends up in Arizona

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Oregon.Duck said:

This is literally the only tweet, post, anything on any site aligning Tavares and the Canucks. 

media be throwing s*** at the wall to see what sticks. 

All rumours, no way will new management team bring on Tavaras 31, 3 yrs X 11 million.Canucks won't to free up cap and get younger and faster..

Just now, spur1 said:

Considering we don’t have the US politics thread for entertainment anymore I guess it makes sense. 

Next rumoured offer will be a used pi$$/Dubas tears/spilled milk  soaked paper copy of the Shanaplan for JTM

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Obviously, no. BUT since this whole forum is just about having fun and talking hockey... What type of deal could Tavares and the Canucks be part of that might make sense?

Myers, Poolman, Dickinson and Ferland?

I don't believe it for a minute, but if Tavares was willing to lose the NMC as part of a trade and it was something like:

To Vancouver, Tavares, 3 million retained, Toronto's 1st round 2022 pick #25 OA, Kerfoot, Villeneuve

To Toronto, Miller, Myers (1 million retained), Highmore, Ferland (so Leafs can pull a Lightening), 2023 4th round pick (from Rangers)

I might have to stop and think about that...

Just now, Provost said:

I don't even see it on this guy's twitter and he doesn't even have followers.  At least fake a credible source!

I absolutely thing we should trade for Tavares.

Tavares 50% retained
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

for
Tyler Myers
Poolman
Ferland

Just now, aGENT said:

Haha... Same, same:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Ok. Well then... Would you? Without thinking too hard about it, I might.

One of the big things about trading Miller is being able to replace his production. This would do that, freeing up a trade, while dumping our bad contracts. 

I don't see Tavares being happy to leave TOR, and I certainly don't see him flourishing in Vancouver. It would be a terrible contract to take on. They don't even have any real good prospects to sweeten the deal. Sheesh, bugger off Teranna.