The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Tavares Part of a Deal With Canucks?

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Tavares isn't going anywhere but apparently they've been one of the teams in on Garland.

Who does Garland for Liljegren straight up? Is Liljegren good enough yet to play top-4 minutes with Hughes or OEL? He may be soon, former mid 1st rounder, good size, bit of an overall defenceman we could hopefully mould, a bit like Dermott. Recently signed to a 1.7M x 2yr deal but I'd do that deal all day (maybe Toronto have to throw in a pick?). With the extra 3M in cap space, sign a 3rd line center. 

Basically thats Garland for Liljegren, a 3C like Janmark/Jarnkrok/Tierney and a mid/late pick 

Liljegren isn't good enough to play in Abbotsford.  He simply can't play defence and is unlikely to every be an actual NHL quality defenceman.  At his salary, he has negative value.

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I guess if we're looking to create cap space? otherwise I think we can do a lot better than a Liljegren, heck if we're interested in smallish right side d we might as well do the NYR trade for Lundkvist.

Pagnotta has Garland linked to Boston, Toronto, Edmonton, New Jersey, Seattle, Columbus, Pittsburgh so there's a lot of options there. 

Liljegren averages about 10 minutes in penalties a year. He'll be a great deterrent for sure

Mean stares.

robbie keane stare GIF by LA Galaxy

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

What I gather from all of this information is we now know who BureBurrito is... we see you Roger Hicks... we see you....

nope. I'd see maybe a 3 way deal perhaps but Tavares is a horrible player for the canucks cap constraints.

Edited by BureBurrito