The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: blockbuster with Columbus

Bump!

As rumour has it that management wants roster players that are young in Horvat trade, I think this could be the team we do business with.

Needs: center and right d.

Out:

Horvat

Rathbone

4th (Rangers)

In:

Peeke

Roslovic

1st

Money is very close to equal as both teams are at the cap.  Loads up our right d.  Columbus would probably want Schenn... But I just can't let him go lol!

Peeke is just coming into his game.  Hitting, blocking shots, mobile and big at 6'3".  Perfect for Hughes.  Roslovic can slot into 3rd line center.  Speed, skill, grit and not bad on the dot and not to old at 25.  Both guys are cost compliant, which would open available money for Petey and Kuzmenko.  (Will still!have to trade Boeser).

Would prefer to have Sillinger over Roslovic as his upside is greater and younger but money wouldn't work.

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Bump!

As rumour has it that management wants roster players that are young in Horvat trade, I think this could be the team we do business with.

Needs: center and right d.

Out:

Horvat

Rathbone

4th (Rangers)

In:

Peeke

Roslovic

1st

Money is very close to equal as both teams are at the cap.  Loads up our right d.  Columbus would probably want Schenn... But I just can't let him go lol!

Peeke is just coming into his game.  Hitting, blocking shots, mobile and big at 6'3".  Perfect for Hughes.  Roslovic can slot into 3rd line center.  Speed, skill, grit and not bad on the dot and not to old at 25.  Both guys are cost compliant, which would open available money for Petey and Kuzmenko.  (Will still!have to trade Boeser).

Would prefer to have Sillinger over Roslovic as his upside is greater and younger but money wouldn't work.

So the premium piece for Horvat is the 1st rounder  from Columbus.

might be hard to pry that out from them.

Edited by R3aL
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

So the premium piece for Horvat is the 1st rounder  from Columbus.

might be hard to pry that out from them.

I'm sure it would be hard to get that 1st but even though the BJ's are lower in the standings and are in tough to make the playoffs, they have operated like they're all in... Just like us.  So yah, they need to keep building or retooling like us with the hopes that they can start getting some traction.  So giving up there 1st is the price to get Bo... Especially the fact that we're not get any cap relief out of the trade.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

I like the idea but they can't fit Miller and Myers both under their cap. That's 11M going back, and with Miller's extension, an extra 3M next year too. They are right up against the cap, Peeke is only on a 700K deal right now which bumps up to a mere 2.7M next year and Roslovic comes in at 4M.

Realistically we could do something like Bo for Roslovic + Peeke + 2nd (or scrap the 2nd and swap 1sts).

Or Miller + Rathbone for Roslovic + Peeke

Nyqvist comes off their books (5M) in the off-season so they can fit either Bo or Miller's extension, but they can't fit Myers as well.