Proposal (Van & Car)

To Vancouver

Martin Necas

Ethan Bear

To Carolina

Nils Hoglander

Travis Dermott

2023 3rd round pick

Canucks get a RD and a right handed center, Carolina gets two low cap players that can contribute next year at very low cap hits on Andersen's last year of contract (to make a cup run) and both will be RFA's after current deals. 

• Like 3

Seems like a solid trade to me.  Necas fills a gap on the Nucks and is just 23yrs.  Already showing offensive upside.

I don't know that Bear will ever be a partner for Hughes, but maybe OEL and certainly a solid partner for Rathbone.

We are yet to see what kind of player Hogs will be. Obviously offensive upside, but unsure of his defensive

capabilities.  He's still very young. 

Dermott is a solid 3rd pairing defensive dman with little offensive.  Similar guy to Bear, but bigger frame.

Necas wins this trade for me.

40 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't think there's any way that Carolina trades Necas for a package where Hoglander is the main piece going the other way.

Exactly.
https://twitter.com/NHL_Watcher/status/1539376178707955712?s=20&t=nDSYsPCLsqLauLgT3R6QJQ
Quoting LeBrun saying they won't move him unless it's for an offensive D-man.

Edited by Phil_314

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Exactly.
https://twitter.com/NHL_Watcher/status/1539376178707955712?s=20&t=nDSYsPCLsqLauLgT3R6QJQ
Quoting LeBrun saying they won't move him unless it's for an offensive D-man.

Showcase Rathbone I hope he goes on a tear for us. Love Rathbone he's better than a toss in hopefully we can pump him and Hoglander enough to make them worth a package like this.   

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Necas has a lot of value and could break out soon, I think they'll build around him in the future unless they get a top 6 forward/top 4 defenceman back the other way and we're giving scraps here.

Plus, he is a bit too good to be a 3C next year.

Bear is going to be a rich man's Juulsen, no better than a 3rd pairing defenceman.

I wouldn't mind a deal like this but Lorentz instead of Necas might be a bit more realistic.

13 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't think there's any way that Carolina trades Necas for a package where Hoglander is the main piece going the other way.

Yeah his trade value might have took a bit of a dive last year, a team may believe he will bounce back though and contribute on an ELC contract. Carolina is a hard team to gauge as they could be losing a lot of pieces this summer and are in their window to compete. They only have 8 NHL forwards signed for next year and 3 NHL Dman.