The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "El Niño" Niederreiter to test free agency, could circle back to Canes: agent

4 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Miller, if he stays on Canucks is 100-110 point player next year    his trajectory is up not down. 

100-110 points?  If he stays on the Canucks that would be great, but I’m not holding out that level of hope.  

2 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

But if a “contender” with a well established team roster calls about him hes not sliding directly to the first line or having a heavy leadership role when its already established ….i think he drives on beeing a leader here which makes him a better player , if its only money that matters which i find hard to believe based on his competitive attitude and drive to win then so be it BUT im the small % that wants to see him retire as a nuck 

I’m 100% with you there. I see Miller as being a special player here, he’s found a home here. I really hope he’ll take a team friendly deal. If he doesn’t, there’s just no way to keep him, and I’m resigned to that. I kind of feel Linden vibes from him. Seems to love Vancouver and I feel like he’ll excel here like no where else. Unfortunately he has earned a big payday, so we’ll see what happens

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

I’m 100% with you there. I see Miller as being a special player here, he’s found a home here. I really hope he’ll take a team friendly deal. If he doesn’t, there’s just no way to keep him, and I’m resigned to that. I kind of feel Linden vibes from him. Seems to love Vancouver and I feel like he’ll excel here like no where else. Unfortunately he has earned a big payday, so we’ll see what happens

Believe me if he gets traded to New York rangers and plays top line  top pp he gets those #s no problem.

Edited by Rackdawg

55 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

Believe me if he gets traded to New York rangers and plays top line  top pp he gets those #s no problem.

No doubt. I just think he feels a sense of purpose here and feels like a leader on this team. That in turn may allow him to produce and have an effective role here longer than folks are thinking. Many here seem to think he peaked last year. I kind of sense he feels like he’s just getting going here. I guess the proof will be in the pudding if he accepts an extension here that isn’t going to cripple the team. I honestly don’t think he’ll do as well anywhere else. Just a gut feeling, no logic behind it, lol

Oh and Niederieter. He’s a player I’ve always liked. The fact he had his best years under both Bruce and Yeo, makes me wonder if he’s seriously considering Vancouver. Makes sense in a lot of ways, and he certainly checks a lot of boxes for the Canucks

Edited by arsenalian

Niederreiter has to be one of the more frustrating players to watch.  He's been reasonably productive but far less so than what I'm sure the hope was for a 5th OA pick.  He can use his size well, but he's not always dialed in and even if he uses his size well, he still doesn't always combine it effectively with his skill game (consistently).  I wouldn't mind if the Canucks sign him but I think he's only a good middle 6 winger so the price and term have to make sense, and the quality of the signing would need to further be assessed by its impact on the rest of the roster. 

Personally, assuming Niederreiter cashes in at a far higher $ value as a UFA than Pearson's $3.25M AAV, I would rather have Pearson (at this stage of their careers).

29 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

No doubt. I just think he feels a sense of purpose here and feels like a leader on this team. That in turn may allow him to produce and have an effective role here longer than folks are thinking. Many here seem to think he peaked last year. I kind of sense he feels like he’s just getting going here. I guess the proof will be in the pudding if he accepts an extension here that isn’t going to cripple the team. I honestly don’t think he’ll do as well anywhere else. Just a gut feeling, no logic behind it, lol

Oh and Niederieter. He’s a player I’ve always liked. The fact he had his best years under both Bruce and Yeo, makes me wonder if he’s seriously considering Vancouver. Makes sense in a lot of ways, and he certainly checks a lot of boxes for the Canucks

I hope he signs a 7 yr deal here..and ya I'm ok with nino as well.

4 hours ago, Rackdawg said:

Yeah, there core of Panarin, Ziba and Kreider will help Miller get those points.  Also, his age and those three are all around the same age.  Not sure, if Miller will fit in there cap - but the much hyped, 1 million cap increase might help (?).

3 hours ago, arsenalian said:

Not sure Niederreiter would want to re-unite with Boudreau.  Things didn't seem to end all that well in Minnesota - he finished his tenure with the Wild on the 4th line.  Boudreau didn't think he was good on the right side and dropped him all the way to LW4 with Parise/Zucker and surprisingly Greenway ahead of him.  They ended up trading him for Rask. 

12 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Miller, if he stays on Canucks is 100-110 point player next year    his trajectory is up not down. 

Really...? not likely. If you talk about trajectory, Pastrnak and MacKinnon would be 60 goals and 100 points players by now spoken a few years ago. There's no such thing as trajectory unless we are talking about 21-23 year olds breaking out. 

3 hours ago, mll said:

Not sure Niederreiter would want to re-unite with Boudreau.  Things didn't seem to end all that well in Minnesota - he finished his tenure with the Wild on the 4th line.  Boudreau didn't think he was good on the right side and dropped him all the way to LW4 with Parise/Zucker and surprisingly Greenway ahead of him.  They ended up trading him for Rask. 

Oh wow, didn’t realize that. Yeah doesn’t sound like he’d be too keen then. I’m getting mixed up, I seem to remember him doing well with Yeo there, and thought that was after Bruce. Just shows I don’t really pay much attention to the Wild ;)

14 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

If him and Nick Bonino combined names, his name would be Nino Bonino. This is the kind of stuff I think about at night.

And then you can have Nick Niederreiter...or Nickerreiter 

I'm following Nino since his start. He's a good player if he plays not more than 15 minutes per game. If he's overplayed then he falls in hole after three weeks, it happened every time when he had played 20 min/game, three weeks of glory and then he fell from a cliff. I think he just needs to have fresh legs to be explosive, to play that kind of exhausting forechecking style that he's doing.

So if his next Coach limits him to 13 - 15 minutes, he will have a good 2RW/LW who makes 20-25g and also 20-25a. Otherwise, well, he may be disappointed from time to time.

Edited by the harry
Because my English is so bad...