The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Alex DeBrincat to Senators for 2022 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick

Just posted another topic that Dylan Strome from CHI is not being retained on an RFA deal and will walk as UFA.

unless this debrincat trade changes anything, CHI is in full rebuild now.

I’ll take Seth Jones and Patty Kane at 50% retained thank you very much.

Edited by RWJC

24 year old winger averaging nearly a PPG. RFA after this coming season, at which point I'm sure he'll be given a significant raise. Team controlled though, unlike Miller. 

As of right now Miller is the better player (There aren't many players better than Miller right now), but the team control and the fact that even if Deb is given max term, he's young enough that the contract will likely never be a burden. 

Considering his age and contract status, DeBrincat is worth more than Miller, so if he's moved, expect a lesser return than this.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Honourable Hughes said:

Wtf, if Ottawa can sign a vet like Giroux, then they’re looking not too bad, especially their top 6.

No... They're already looking great up front, without Giroux.  With him, they will be scoring 5 goals a game average... But letting in 6!

Just now, -AJ- said:

My gut feeling is that Debrincat might actually have higher value than Miller, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Shouldn’t Debrincat have more value than JT, just based on age?  Debrincat is just coming into his prime.  Miller is leaving his.  

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

My gut feeling is that Debrincat might actually have higher value than Miller, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I don’t think so. Debrincat is a great player but also a winger and doesn’t move the needle like Miller would come playoff time. Miller is more suited for a team making a push for the Stanley Cup

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1