The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Alex DeBrincat to Senators for 2022 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Chicago's asking price was insane, I would have laughed in their face. I think DeBrincat has been overrated for a while but especially since the trade rumours; He's a one dimensional goal scorer who rode shotgun with Kane, who I still consider to be a top-3 or top-5 winger in the game. He's a good player who should still put up numbers, but all the people (mainly Senators fans understandably) declaring that Ottawa's rebuild is over are in for a rude awakening in my eyes. DeBrincat isn't a difference maker and their defense and goaltending are still horrendous, we'll see how the rest of the offseason goes for them. 

If this is how you view a 24 year old, 2 time 40 goal scorer and career 0.83PPG player, I’d hate to think what you think of all the Canucks on our roster. Seems to be a consensus by Blackhawks fans and pundits that they are underwhelmed by the return. 13 GWG goals in including 7 in OT over the last 2 years on a declining and turbulent Hawks team already refutes your “non-difference maker” comments. The “Kane inflates his point total” argument can be refuted simply by his age. On that matter, find me another under 25 year old 40+ goal scorer available on the market. 

Very strange comment.

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Neither can play center. Wingers are worth the least value wise as far as top talent goes. Top liners = RHD > C = LHD >>>>>> wingers.  

Exactly. Also JT is coveted by bonafide contenders, not tweeners like LA and rebuilders like Ottawa. He represents a "final piece" of a championship puzzle, not a building block. 

Also... the Canucks don't need to trade him, AT ALL. Having him back, even on an expiring deal is fine by me. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Honourable Hughes said:

He has a NMC.

also he is on a HEAVY contract. Not the way to go. We need a younger RHD with potential.

Do you think he has any interest in spending his entire prime in a tear down rebuilding team?  He will waive to anywhere that he sees a change to compete.

If you can get Seth Jones you do it.  That isn't some sort of anchor contract.

13 minutes ago, Caboose said:

The worse, older player, with an expiring contract?

Plays center or wing

Doesn't play with Patrick Kane

Will likely put up 70-90 points on any team for the next 3-5 years

One of the best faceoff percentages in the league

Way more well-rounded defensively

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

Do you think he has any interest in spending his entire prime in a tear down rebuilding team?  He will waive to anywhere that he sees a change to compete.

If you can get Seth Jones you do it.  That isn't some sort of anchor contract.

I get what you’re saying, I just don’t see a team with 9.5M in room to take him on. So many teams are trying to create space.

15 minutes ago, Honourable Hughes said:

Lol go to r/hawks right now. It’s so funny. Everyone says they’re done with the organization/team. 

They should, first all the off ice turmoil now on ice they're running that team into the ground.

47 minutes ago, Provost said:

If Chicago is completely rebuilding, I will happily give them our 1st and some young players (Rathbone and Hoglander?) for Seth Jones

You mean Seth Jones and his 8x$9.5M set to kick in? Hell no. Guy is not worth that contract, there’s no way Chicago is going to take his cap hit for the next 8 years. Pass.

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

You mean Seth Jones and his 8x$9.5M set to kick in? Hell no. Guy is not worth that contract, there’s no way Chicago is going to take his cap hit for the next 8 years. Pass.

What if they took OEL and Myers? LOL. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Miller is older and on an expiring contract, so his value will likely be less, but as of this moment Miller is a better than DeBrincat.

Debrincat can just take his QO of 9 million next year then walk into UFA as well. So similar contact statuses. Plus we can retain 50% on Miller who plays center. 

Miller has unique value in that one team is going to get a 100 pt player at a cap hit of 2.625 next year.

Edited by Bure_Pavel