The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Alex DeBrincat to Senators for 2022 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick

58 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Their D is super thin, they won't be super competitive  until they address that and goaltending but their forward group is looking nice. 

They have a ton of high end prospects there; they are just avoiding rushing them.

47 minutes ago, Caboose said:

The worse, older player, with an expiring contract?

JT Miller 99pts, plays center, great faceoff numbers, PK, blocks shots, hits, decent size, mostly pretty solid defensively, only knock is floats occassionally on bad stretches 

Alex DeBrincat 78pts, winger, small, ineffective hitter, doesn’t kill penalties. Not really a comparable and an L for DeBrincat if you try. 

Edited by canuck73_3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

JT Miller 99pts, plays center, PK, blocks shots, hits, decent size, mostly pretty solid defensively, only knock is floats occassionally on bad stretches 

Alex DeBrincat 78pts, winger, small, ineffective hitter, doesn’t kill penalties. Not really a comparable and an L for DeBrincat if you try. 

The value is similar but teams in different stages will prefer one over the other.  Rebuilding teams would be better off trading for DeBrincat and contenders would prefer Miller.   

Solid move for the Sens. They firmly have a core in place now and DeBrincat solidifies that. Multiple 40 goal seasons to his name. I feel that the Hawks could’ve pinched for more. Let’s see how it works out for both teams. I see Sens winning this trade so far but Hawks could also win this depending on who they pick tonight

I think the value is spot on. 

I get the idea that we tend to “overvalue” our own players, but JT Miller currently has one of the highest trade values in the league. 100 point player on a 5.25M contract for 1 more year with an all around game. Can quite literally do anything.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The value is similar but teams in different stages will prefer one over the other.  Rebuilding teams would be better off trading for DeBrincat and contenders would prefer Miller.   

I I think it reallt depends for different teams. For playoff teams, Millers value is going to be considerably more. For non playoff teams, similar value to Debrincat.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

In a sense yes and no, but unless I’m strong down the middle I take Miller over a 5’7 165-170 pound winger 10 times out of 10.

If I was rebuilding maybe take a flyer on DeBrincat if I have some bulk to make up for him 

• Cheers 1

Apparently OTT isn’t done…

UPDATED - Ottawa is talking to Vancouver about D Tyler Myers. He has a 10 team list as part of his NTC. Myers has 2 years left on his deal at 6M AAV. He's 32 years old and a RD. The Canucks are looking to shed dollars on their payroll for JT Miller. Ottawa would most likely have to include a 1st round pick in 2023 plus a defensive prospect I'm told. More to come.....

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

UPDATED - Ottawa is talking to Vancouver about D Tyler Myers. He has a 10 team list as part of his NTC. Myers has 2 years left on his deal at 6M AAV. He's 32 years old and a RD. The Canucks are looking to shed dollars on their payroll for JT Miller. Ottawa would most likely have to include a 1st round pick in 2023 plus a defensive prospect I'm told. More to come.....

who's saying this? 

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Kevin Francis - Sens blogger

i posted an article of his the other day about Dorion and player movement 

huh. I'd be happy with the 2nd round pick Ottawa has from Tampa (64th) and Lassi Thomson. But a 2023 1st? wow, I mean if they want to lets do this thing :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If that were the case I think we would have heard of this trade by now. 

Just now, johngould21 said:

Add Kane and a bag of pucks too, for Myers, as everyone it appears wants him gone too. Myers, that is.

if someone offers us a 1st for Myers, we can't say no to that.