The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Oilers trade Zack Kassian, 2022 1st-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick, 2025 2nd-round pick to Coyotes for 2022 1st-round pick

These are the types of deals I wish Benning did early in the rebuild instead of signing arguably worse players for longer term that cost us to unload later. 19 points in 58 games doesn’t seem horrible for a physical player - works out to about 27 points over 82 games. Overpaid for sure but surprised it cost that much.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

These are the types of deals I wish Benning did early in the rebuild instead of signing arguably worse players for longer term that cost us to unload later. 19 points in 58 games doesn’t seem horrible for a physical player - works out to about 27 points over 82 games. Overpaid for sure but surprised it cost that much.

Bang on. 

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I liked the pick they got for Arizona trade today. . Also frees up some cap to try and resign Kane.

Good they can keep him and improve nothing they need McDavid will ask out in a year or 2. 

Every deal Holland gets bent over. Starting to think he just prefers that.

TO more expensive cap dump, Move back like 10 spots. EDM cap dump but kinda decent player once in a while, 1st swaps plus a 2nd and 3rd once Holland is fired or retired lol.

Reports were true. He doesn't care what happens in the future, he doesn't care whats left over for the next guy. If it makes sense in his head... he's making the deal.

Here comes a big Kane deal, Or the throw well over markstroms deal to get a kuemper maybe? Lol. Rip

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

They need a goalie,  and will probably find one.

Why does minni keep taking edmontons trash goalies and turning them into all stars? Well because they don't have D or an actual bottom 6! A goalie can only do so much as we see with our team 

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, BureBurrito said:

another contract/player dump to Arizona

What an embarrassment of a franchise. 

I know that this is the new age hockey fan's wet dream (to do whatever necessary to acquire picks and tank as hard as possible), but this team shouldn't be allowed to play in the NHL.  Really wish they had relegations in North America.  

I feel bad for the handful of NHLers that have some pride left and are playing in Arizona next year.