The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kirill Kudryavtsev | D

On 9/18/2022 at 7:33 AM, tas said:

I'm kind of hoping for the latter so I don't have to learn how to say his name. 

For those folks who have hard time pronouncing Kirill's last name, you can call him Curly Kirill - this is close translation of his surname from Russian :)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He was my favourite d-man on our Young Guns squad. His absence was noticeable against Edmonton where we had a lot of trouble getting out of our zone and getting hemmed in. 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:43 PM, DeNiro said:

Dickinson, Martin…

More than a third of the team is Canadian.

By "soon"  I meant in a couple of years, not tomorrow.  Most of those cited Canadians will be gone,  replaced by the Lekkerimakis, Petterssons, McDonoughs, etc (and Kudryavtsev).  That was the point of my tongue in cheek comment

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He was my favourite d-man on our Young Guns squad. His absence was noticeable against Edmonton where we had a lot of trouble getting out of our zone and getting hemmed in. 

Yeah, he was definitely missed. I think if the purpose of this tournament was simply to win games, he would definitely have been on the roster against Edmonton. However, if it’s about getting good player evaluations during a game environment, it made sense to see how the team (and defence) performed without him.

But it’s definitely true that Kudryatsev stood out, in a positive way, in the first two games. I can’t count the number of times he came up with the puck and helped the team calmly exit the defensive zone when things had otherwise gotten a bit scrambly and the Canucks were chasing.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, he was definitely missed. I think if the purpose of this tournament was simply to win games, he would definitely have been on the roster against Edmonton. However, if it’s about getting good player evaluations during a game environment, it made sense to see how the team (and defence) performed without him.

But it’s definitely true that Kudryatsev stood out, in a positive way, in the first two games. I can’t count the number of times he came up with the puck and helped the team calmly exit the defensive zone when things had otherwise gotten a bit scrambly and the Canucks were chasing.

Yeah for sure, I'm actually surprised that they didn't give the third goalie a chance to get some game time.  

I'll be following the Soo Greyhounds this year although I have a feeling that they will be near the bottom of the OHL. Only two drafted players (Kirill being one) on the roster. 

22 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

What a great learning experience for the young defenceman to be part of the Canucks main camp in Whistler and participate in practices!

He’s had a solid camp in general, but I expect him to be in first cuts on Monday with anyone else from this years draft picks.

They aren’t making the team this year, send them back with what they’ve learned and let them focus on growing their game.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

He’s had a solid camp in general, but I expect him to be in first cuts on Monday with anyone else from this years draft picks.

He is definitely going back to OHL this Monday, Kirill did not even participate in scrimmages, just practiced with big guys.