The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kirill Kudryavtsev | D

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the player I'm most excited about from our last draft even though he was a 7th round pick. Just seems like there's so much potential there to become a solid NHL defenseman. Also, since he was a 7th round pick, there won't be any pressure to try and speed up his development. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

So this kid might be something eh. He had some good moment in camp as well if i recall correctly 

3g 20 points in 26 games so far...

He was the most impressive one for me at the rookie camp in Penticton. He only got to play in the first two games but looked very poised with the puck.  

It was no accident that in the last game when he wasn't there anymore, the opposition (Edmonton) was able to hem us in our zone over and over again.  

Kirill has another year of OHL ahead of him before we start thinking about slotting him up in the AHL.  

Kudryavstev with another PP assist for the Greyhounds tonight to tie the game 2-2. Was also used as the 2nd shooter in the shootout in a 4-3 win.

Kid definitely has some wheels on the breakout. And love the way he keeps driving towards the net and forces two PKers to back way up leaving the forward alone in the slot.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Kudryavstev with another PP assist for the Greyhounds tonight to tie the game 2-2. Was also used as the 2nd shooter in the shootout in a 4-3 win.

Kid definitely has some wheels on the breakout. And love the way he keeps driving towards the net and forces two PKers to back way up leaving the forward alone in the slot.

Yeah that was a really nice rush! 

• 3 weeks later...