The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2022 Development Camp

20 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I'm assuming Jasek is either aged out or he is done with the organization.

Definitely he has aged out. It’s actually been seven years since his first appearance at a Canucks development camp (2015). Time really flies. :blink:

I’d say he’s still open to returning to the organization, but likely only if he was given a real shot at making the NHL roster. He seems done with the AHL (and can’t really blame him), after three productive seasons on the farm, doing everything the team asked of him, and never really getting a sniff at a call-up.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely he has aged out. It’s actually been seven years since his first appearance at a Canucks development camp (2015). Time really flies. :blink:

I’d say he’s still open to returning to the organization, but likely only if he was given a real shot at making the NHL roster. He seems done with the AHL (and can’t really blame him), after three productive seasons on the farm, doing everything the team asked of him, and never really getting a sniff at a call-up.

I wish Jasek was coming to training camp this year to fight for a spot, I thought he did all that was asked of him in Utica but you need to be a pro...things aren't handed to young players unless they are drafted highly and there is pressure on the team. We know all to well how that works, see Virtanen and McCann as prime examples.

Doesn't Jasek have an out clause and could he not theoretically come to camp and try to win a spot? Usually Euro leagues start earlier than the NHL though I believe so that makes it tough.

I was always curious if our new management regime ever reached out to Jasek or even Tryamkin when they first took over from JB. I realize Tryamkin no longer is property of the Canucks this summer and he could sign anywhere if he wanted to come back. Liked what I saw from Tryamkin and now he has matured with age and we have some russians on the team to make him and his wife feel comfortable if they were to consider coming back, mute point now though it seems

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Doesn't Jasek have an out clause and could he not theoretically come to camp and try to win a spot? Usually Euro leagues start earlier than the NHL though I believe so that makes it tough.

He’s in a transfer agreement league so the out clause is basically built in. If he signs an NHL deal, it overrides and replaces his Liiga contract. But there’s also a set signing window, written into the transfer agreement, and that deadline (June 15) passed last month. For that reason, he can’t be signed by the Canucks for this coming season and he won’t be at camp competing for a spot. The earliest we likely see him is 2023-24.

• Cheers 1

On 7/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, Alflives said:

Chris Gear was on 650 today (they are replaying his interview right now) and he said that at the Silovs draft Ian Clarke was banging the table to draft Silovs in round four.  Gear went on to say they didn’t draft Silovs until round six and that Ian Clarke was so mad he wouldn’t speak until Silovs was chosen.  Sure sounds like Silovs is a Clarke pick and a very good one. 

Made him sound like a child kinda LOL but he sniper a beauty with Silovs so gotta love Clarky

Kinda shame

Kirill won’t be at camp.

it’s easy to think his numbers could have been higher if not playing behind 20/21 year old Dmen. And also first season in North America.

his skating, size, passing all there.

very curious to follow this 7th rounders development path. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Made him sound like a child kinda LOL but he sniper a beauty with Silovs so gotta love Clarky

I’m sure he’s exaggerating for effect.

They could have easily taken him in the 4th and it would have been a good pick though. I doubt Keppen or Focht wouldn’t have been available in the 5th and early 6th either.

Glad they didn’t wait until one of their other two 6th round picks and took him with the first pick. Would have sucked to miss out on him because they wanted to gamble.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure he’s exaggerating for effect.

They could have easily taken him in the 4th and it would have been a good pick though. I doubt Keppen or Focht wouldn’t have been available in the 5th and early 6th either.

Glad they didn’t wait until one of their other two 6th round picks and took him with the first pick. Would have sucked to miss out on him because they wanted to gamble.

Agree just stoked they got his guy and he’s looking like a big hit at this point rn. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

I'm curious, is this something we'd be able to go and watch? 

I’m hoping they’ll announce something soon, like in previous years, and open up some viewings for the public, either just with free attendance each day for anyone who wants to go, or maybe do an online signup for free tickets (to limit the numbers) allowing fans to attend, maybe on the later days, when they’ll be having scrimmages.

Hopefully they’ll do a live stream of the scrimmages as well, but I’m not holding my breath. More likely they’ll just post some highlights through their social media team.

Pre-pandemic, they usually opened these summer development camps up, at least partially, to the public.

They also would sometimes be really late announcing any of this, and it seemed like some years the full details (for public attendance) weren’t even confirmed and released until after the camp was already underway.

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Grear probably salty that Ian Clark has a solid track record and got rewarded with a 5 year deal and Gear himself got canned...