The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) MIN Nick Deslauriers being linked to EDM

RWJC

Per Bob Stauffer 

Nick Deslauriers is being linked to the Coil.  His projected contract is a 3-4 year term at 1.5-2mill AAV.

How Bob would know this in advance of the Free Agency period commencing is beyond my scope, so take it for what it’s worth. 

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Per Bob Stauffer 

Nick Deslauriers is being linked to the Coil.  His projected contract is a 3-4 year term at 1.5-2mill AAV.

How Bob would know this in advance of the Free Agency period commencing is beyond my scope, so take it for what it’s worth. 

Maybe @mllknows? :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He'd be a surprisingly smart pickup, he'd make them better

Cheaper and safer Kassian replacement

also apparently there is desire from McDavid for the Coil to sign Dylan Strome out of CHI in free agency 

Edited by RWJC

Just now, Coconuts said:

Unless we find a way to free up a sizable portion of cap we won't be doing much of anything come the 13th though 

No doubt, and I’m fine with that to a degree. We don’t need to sign FA’s right now, we need to exorcise the spirits of bad cap hits! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I would give him 2mil x 3 years all day long to create a safe working environment 

Yeah and he can reliably log on average 10-12mins a night. I’d imagine you could

bump that up as well if we balanced out the 3rd and 4th lines as straight checking lines. I’d rather be paying Deslauriers a small raise on Dickinson money rather than it be spent on Dickinson. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

No doubt, and I’m fine with that to a degree. We don’t need to sign FA’s right now, we need to exorcise the spirits of bad cap hits! 

I don't think we should be chasing big free agents but our D definitely needs reconstructing sooner than later. 

It was never going to be a single offseason turnaround though.

Deslauriers is one of the guys I have penciled into our starting lineup next season.  I'd easily give him 2x3.  We gotta move Dickinson or Poolman though.  We are also apparently after Marchment, so a Miller trade would free up the cap space needed for that I think.  With Marchment, Kuzmenko and Deslauriers on the left side we probably don't need Pearson either, so that's more cap room we can clear.

At the end of the day our roster is set right now.  Only way to add players is through trades.  So the question is will JR/PA make some moves to free up the cap space required to get these guys or are they simply going to run with Benning's team for another year?

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Maybe @mllknows? :lol:

Since when do rules and practice align.

There used to be a 1-week interview period where teams and upcoming UFAs could connect.  Agents felt it was disadvantageous to their clients and some teams felt that other teams were abusing the system - they were only supposed to talk interest while some teams used the opportunity to hammer out entire contract details.  So they've removed it.  

Some teams might not care but the ones who wanted it removed might complain.  Nashville's leverage as well as Calgary's is that they can offer 8 year deals while others can only give 7.  Doubt either team would take well if another team approached Forsberg or Gaudreau before free agency opens up.  

Per Friedman, Vancouver isn't allowing teams to talk to Miller's agent - would they really let it go if another team tries.  

Sweeney says he can't talk extension with Pastrnak before mid-July.  Dorion just said the same about DeBrincat.  Last year Chicago already had agreed on an 8-year deal before trading for Jones at the draft (picked Sillinger with the pick received from the trade).

Edited by mll
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he'd prefer us. At the same price. Vangroovy

Should we send him a fan video compilation telling him how much we all want him to sign in Vancouver?  

We could also offer to shovel the snow from his driveway :bigblush:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/johnny-gaudreau-flames-neighbours-shoveled-his-snow-to-get-him-to-re-sign-024841838.html

• Haha 2