The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) MIN Nick Deslauriers being linked to EDM

RWJC

Just now, RWJC said:

Blame it on the crystals?

Nick!

Deslaurier.

I wanted him until I saw someone on here saying he had not shown well in his last fights.

I want wingers (2 x 4th liners; one on each side) who win fights; and I thought this guy was one of those guys.

We not gonna Win The Cup, nor Go Far In The Playoffs if we don't have some enforcement (of the code).

We can't dress Quinn, Petey, et cetera if they cannot protect themselves and we are not able to initiate proper retaliation.

It is better if every Canuck can take it.

In the playoffs, this becomes very difficult for star players.

I wanted Deslaurier and maybe we still do; or maybe its time to bring on the next Gino/Shaun/Shark line without him.

Pretty sure JR knows this, but I was trying to get it back on topic.

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

My guy, Whatever your going on about is soo far beyond the point of this. Lol what

Well you said he can't finish a season like he's dogging it. 

Him not being able to  finish a season isn't a very good criticism. For a lot of players lately.

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well you said he can't finish a season like he's dogging it. 

Him not being able to  finish a season isn't a very good criticism. For a lot of players lately.

All I'm trying to imply is I enjoy the fact the oilers would be willing to give a poolman contract to a player who shows an inability to play full 82 game season over his career according to the stat sheets::D

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

All I'm trying to imply is I enjoy the fact the oilers would be willing to give a poolman contract to a player who shows an inability to play full 82 game season over his career according to the stat sheets::D

I think Wpg would probably take him back. He did well for them in their playoffs 2 years ago. We could probably get a 6th or 7th easily. But I'm thinking he's headed for ltir.

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Nick!

Deslaurier.

I wanted him until I saw someone on here saying he had not shown well in his last fights.

I want wingers (2 x 4th liners; one on each side) who win fights; and I thought this guy was one of those guys.

We not gonna Win The Cup, nor Go Far In The Playoffs if we don't have some enforcement (of the code).

We can't dress Quinn, Petey, et cetera if they cannot protect themselves and we are not able to initiate proper retaliation.

It is better if every Canuck can take it.

In the playoffs, this becomes very difficult for star players.

I wanted Deslaurier and maybe we still do; or maybe its time to bring on the next Gino/Shaun/Shark line without him.

Pretty sure JR knows this, but I was trying to get it back on topic.

Meh I don’t really care for if they are great fighters. What I do remember from Deslauriers from every game against the Wild was that big boy threw his body every chance he could. Would be nice seeing at least that from one of our guys in the bottom 6.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Maginator said:

I think alot for people are missing that he also plays on the P.K.

He's worth more than your run of the mill 4th liner. Lockwood is decent in a 4th line role, but Deslauriers has 50 pounds on the kid. They would compliment eachother well with their compete/checking game.

Really hoping we don't have to deal with him in Edmonton for the next 2-3 years..

He's just a guy you want on YOUR side.

I get ya, I've followed Nic Deslauriers' career going back to his days in Montreal and Buffalo.  

I don't really think that he's a good PK guy, and I'm worried about overpaying a 31 year old player with lots of wear and tear on his body/face.  

I would prefer to get someone a bit younger, if possible.  If given a choice, I would definitely prefer him to be on our team as opposed to Edmonton.  

6 hours ago, FaninMex said:

I know people have quoted you already on this so I may as well join them with my opinion.

Canucks did not make the playoffs because they did not show up in too many games. Every game that was hyped as being a must win, the Canucks came out like they wanted to go golfing.

BB playing Hunt over Boroughs was another big problem because Boroughs often caused the Canucks to engage in the game after laying a big hit or by irritating the other team in some way.

BB also kept playing Hughes on PP1 even though OEL seems to have generated more points when he got the opportunity to play there.

BB also overplayed PP! and there was something that I did not like about PP2.

While we were a much better team with BB than Green, I think this team can be much better, especially if we get a couple players.

I will ignore the rest of your post for the sake of not going off-topic (and I do disagree with the lack of credit you are giving to the Motte-Lammikko-Highmore line)...  

However I really liked having Kyle Burroughs in our lineup.  I really hope that he can carve out a role.  Found him more useful then Dermott and Hunt, although Hunt was a better skater/passer/shooter.  

Here's a Deslauriers fight from last season with a face...