The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) COL Burakovsky to become UFA?

RWJC

Per Peter Baugh

Rumour/speculation is that Andre Burakovsky is a few rungs lower on GM Sakic’s priority list of FA’s to re-sign.

Expectation is that Kadri will walk and Sakic will come back to Burakovsky once all other eligible COL FAs are inked. 

He’s 27 yrs old, a big body at 6’3 and 201 lbs, and a left shooting W (LW) where we already have surplus.  

His recent contract carried a cap hit of 4.9mill per and on market he could probably fetch 6mill + on term.

its unlikely he does walk, imho, but if he does any thoughts on the Canucks potentially pursuing him, especially if we trade JTM on or before Wednesday?  

acquiring Burakovsky would render Pearson expendable and arguably create a better fit for the top 6 should Kuz (right shot LW) or others not work out.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=152839

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Per Peter Baugh

Rumour/speculation is that Andre Burakovsky is a few rungs lower on GM Sakic’s priority list of FA’s to re-sign.

Expectation is that Kadri will walk and Sakic will come back to Burakovsky once all other eligible COL FAs are inked. 

He’s 27 yrs old, a big body at 6’3 and 201 lbs, and a left shooting W (LW) where we already have surplus.  

His recent contract carried a cap hit of 4.9mill per and on market he could probably fetch 6mill + on term.

its unlikely he does walk, imho, but if he does any thoughts on the Canucks potentially pursuing him, especially if we trade JTM on or before Wednesday?  

acquiring Burakovsky would render Pearson expendable and arguably create a better fit for the top 6 should Kuz (right shot LW) or others not work out.

I'm out.

3 hours ago, RWJC said:

Per Peter Baugh

I like I would rather go after Copp 27, 6'1, 210, C/W--  Top 6 player in same salary range 5.5 million X 4 yrs?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I like I would rather go after Copp 27, 6'1, 210, C/W--  Top 6 player in same salary range 5.5 million X 4 yrs?

This is Copp's chance to cash in. He's not going to take a 4 year contract on a team that missed the playoffs. We'd need to offer more years or a significantly higher cap hit, or both.

Nichushkin is the guy you want if signing big money ufa forward.

Trade Myers Pearson and Miller. Get some younger cheaper D for Miller and use the 9 mill from Myers Pearson to sign a 3C and another decent Dman. 

Upgrading D is priority. Kuz is our forward addition this off-season.  

Edited by WHL rocks

Good player but will ask for a contract based on his Colorado production, which has been an offensive juggernaut the past few years.  Definitely benefited from playing with good players and I doubt he lives up to his contract.  

Pass, unless he wants a reasonable deal, but if COL is letting him go it’s because he’s not.

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Good player but will ask for a contract based on his Colorado production, which has been an offensive juggernaut the past few years.  Definitely benefited from playing with good players and I doubt he lives up to his contract.  

Pass, unless he wants a reasonable deal, but if COL is letting him go it’s because he’s not.

COL can't keep every one from the Cup winning team.  They would love to keep him but can't keep them all. 20g 60pts he'll get 5 plus million long term. 

Kadri Nichushkin Burakovski are ufa Lekhonen (rfa) Nichushkin has to be top priority to re sign for Avs. Top 20 two way player in the league,  cant let him go. Lehkonen will get a raise. Kadri will be gone he'll make too much for Avs to be able to keep him. Johnson on D is ufa he'll need to be replaced..

They have Mackinnon and Byram up for new contracts next summer so need to plan for them. 

On 7/10/2022 at 8:36 PM, McBackup said:

This is Copp's chance to cash in. He's not going to take a 4 year contract on a team that missed the playoffs. We'd need to offer more years or a significantly higher cap hit, or both.

I predict Canucks to make 3 or 4 signings on depth players under 2 million..No long contract 1 or 2 years show me more deals..

No big signing unless Canucks can dump a salary in the morning that would change things..

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I predict Canucks to make 3 or 4 signings on depth players under 2 million..No long contract 1 or 2 years show me more deals..

No big signing unless Canucks can dump a salary in the morning that would change things..

Any thoughts on who you think they might pursue (or would want them to)?

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Any thoughts on who you think they might pursue (or would want them to)?

This is a group of players Canucks will be looking at under 1.6 million...Lazar 27, Kubel 25,  Milano, very fast, Lemieux 26 , Hayden, Running AHL,