The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) NJD offered 2nd overall + to CGY for RFA rights to Tkachuk

RWJC

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

You gotta wonder how much they value Nemec and whether they’d trade him right away.

Don’t you know that Deniro was a fan of that TV show:

starring in the lead role - Corey Nemec!  ( yeah show was essentially ripping off Fuerris Bueller)

• Haha 1

Tkachuk just put up 42 goals and 62 assists for 104 points in 82 games at 23-24 years old, like him or not I wouldn't make that trade either. Dude is just hitting his prime. 

I see the Flames letting Gaudreau go before him if it was ever one or the other. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RWJC said:

According to Bruce Garrioch, the Devils  made an aggressive offer at the draft, that including the 2nd overall pick and other pieces, to the Flames in exchange for the RFA rights to Tkachuk.

Garrioch also mentions that the Devils are likely to heavily pursue Gaudreau in free agency. 

hopefully there will be more substance to come regarding the above if true.

Heavily interested in Gaudreau as well eh?? Gaudreau, Hughes, Hishscier, and Bratt would get absolutely steam rolled as soon as the playoffs started. Lets remind them that they need Miller B)

Edited by TmanVan

9 hours ago, gurn said:

That's a lot to give, without knowing you can re-sign the guy.

Rfa 24 yrs old. He's club controlled.  

42goals 104pts power forward. 

No way you trade a guy like that even for 1st overall this draft plus a another big add.

You don't find guys like him very often. 

8 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I take that as although they are a good regular season team, Entire core is some of the most gutless, Self centered players in the league.

Draft wright, let little Johnny walk and the culture instantly changes. Sign Malkin in FA and probably maintain the same pace 

Or sign VN & AB from COL and be even better than last year!

Malkin won't sign in cgy.  He'll re sign in Pitt or go to nyr or LA 

Only team in Canada hed go to is Mtl if they were in a different cycle in their rebuild. 

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Slafkovsky is like Draisaitl on the wing.  Mark my words.   

Draisaitl is top 5 player in the league. That's a big ask. Not too often a player like him comes along. But Slaf has the tools and the body to be a true powerforward. I think if he can get close to a Rick Nash type power forward mtl would be ecstatic. 

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Rfa 24 yrs old. He's club controlled.  

42goals 104pts power forward. 

No way you trade a guy like that even for 1st overall this draft plus a another big add.

You don't find guys like him very often. 

man it would be nice to have a shot at a player like that.... oh.... wait..... 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JM_ said:

well they can still offer sheet him. Man that would be fun. 

That would be fun but I can’t see Tkachuk doing it. If Johnny Hockey leaves I don’t think Tkachuk will want to say. If he signs a mega offersheet and Calgary matches he’s stuck in Calgary. I think he’ll play on his QO or sign a short term deal that doesn’t eat many UFA years to force his hand to free agency.

24 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

That would be fun but I can’t see Tkachuk doing it. If Johnny Hockey leaves I don’t think Tkachuk will want to say. If he signs a mega offersheet and Calgary matches he’s stuck in Calgary. I think he’ll play on his QO or sign a short term deal that doesn’t eat many UFA years to force his hand to free agency.

is he one or two years from UFA?