The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evgeni Malkin to test free agency

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

He's also like 7 years younger.

Truthfully, don’t want Malkin as well.  He’s 35yr old and had 2 surgeries on his right knee.  He only played 41 games last year but still got 42 pts.  Think injuries are catching up to him.

As much as I like Miller, I would love Malkin here.

We could literally multiply our assets and stay competitive without missing a beat.

For example, if we land something close to the TDL NYR offer, we lose Miller, but bring in Malkin, Lundkvist, Chytil and a 1st 2023.

I'm all for it. :towel:

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, BPA said:

Truthfully, don’t want Malkin as well.  He’s 35yr old and had 2 surgeries on his right knee.  He only played 41 games last year but still got 42 pts.  Think injuries are catching up to him.

Still a great player but I agree if you want to take him on you better have a deep team as he’s not likely going to play a full schedule

16 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

malkin going to NYR, LA or WSH

Not LAK - listening to Blake and Yanetti it really doesn't sound like they are going to give term to a 30+ player.  They also barely have any cap space left.

46 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

As much as I like Miller, I would love Malkin here.

We could literally multiply our assets and stay competitive without missing a beat.

For example, if we land something close to the TDL NYR offer, we lose Miller, but bring in Malkin, Lundkvist, Chytil and a 1st 2023.

I'm all for it. :towel:

Malkin just doesnt work here.

Cant see him wanting to go WC after full career on EC. Our travel schedule, at his age. I just can imagine him being hurt more than Salo + Tanev combined and not getting much juice out of the contract.

I would think his presence would be good for the kids like Sundin was but outside of that I just dont see it being a fit at all.

• Cheers 1

Rob Rossi of The Athletic reports that term remains the hold-up in negotiations with the Penguins. Rossi reports that the Penguins prefer Malkin signs for three years, which would link his new contract with the final three years on Sidney Crosby's deal. However, Rossi reports, Malkin would prefer a longer commitment.

The two-time Art Ross winner has struggled to stay healthy in recent years, including two ACL surgeries. He has played more than 70 games only once in the past 10 seasons, although some of those campaigns were cut short by the pandemic.

simon-cowell-thats-a-no.gif

6 hours ago, Maginator said:

That would be filthy. Reportedly Malkin wants 4 or more years.. Pens want 2.

Theoretically, would you offer Malkin a 4 year deal @ 7M per?

He has only ever played 82 games in a season twice, and that was very early in his career.

He is now 35, so do you think it is worth the risk of tying up that much money for that amount of time in a player that has a history of injuries ? 

I certainly wouldn't.

Sounds like the Pens don't Either.

6 hours ago, BPA said:

Hes 35 but the guy can still play.  Still strong af on his skates and has golden hands.

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

2 years 20 million coming up from Aquaman!

He can help mentor Kuzmenko and Podkolzin!!

If his mentorship includes passing his love for Putin to the next generation - then hard no for me.

Edited by RomanP