The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) CGY Gaudreau seeking 10mill+ per year on new deal

RWJC

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If I'm Calgary I'm only offering that to tkachuk.  He brings far more of a complete package in all facets if the game than Jonny hockey.

One of them will have to go and only one of them is going to be effective long term.

Trade him for a mint

Too late now.

• Cheers 1

Call me crazy but he aint worth it.

Things of note:

- I have heard he's one of the biggest jerks on that roster from people I know who live in Calgary and have hosted flames event or interacted with him over the years. Of course this is isolated incidents but there was a trend from multiple people so I take it its just how he carries himself. 

- he's such a small winger signing him to a big contract is scary as he goes into his 30s hes slippery and avoids contact a lot but he does have injury risk with his size

- I haven't been impressed with him in the playoffs ever. Including this run, which was his best yet. I thought he disappeared when they needed him most IMO. Same with the majority of that teams forwards though. 

- I dont think a Stanley cup winning team can win with him carrying a $10M+ long term deal.

But he scored 40 goals with 100+ points and has a history of scoring so he def is going to get over $9 million.

Just glad he's not our problem this off season. JT is sticky enough for me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Call me crazy but he aint worth it.

Things of note:

- I have heard he's one of the biggest jerks on that roster from people I know who live in Calgary and have hosted flames event or interacted with him over the years. Of course this is isolated incidents but there was a trend from multiple people so I take it its just how he carries himself. 

- he's such a small winger signing him to a big contract is scary as he goes into his 30s hes slippery and avoids contact a lot but he does have injury risk with his size

- I haven't been impressed with him in the playoffs ever. Including this run, which was his best yet. I thought he disappeared when they needed him most IMO. Same with the majority of that teams forwards though. 

- I dont think a Stanley cup winning team can win with him carrying a $10M+ long term deal.

But he scored 40 goals with 100+ points and has a history of scoring so he def is going to get over $9 million.

Just glad he's not our problem this off season. JT is sticky enough for me.

This is why I hope the Lames break the bank and sign him long term 10+ million!

• Vintage 1

So I get this could be a false rumour, but sometimes Im surprised just how much money players demand.  I mean, you know you are putting an extreme amount of pressure not only on yourself, but also on your team’s cap situation/competitive ability.  

Is life truly that much more better? Maybe it’s just business-I dunno.  If he can severely hamper another team so be it- GCG!

Just now, Angry Goose said:

So I get this could be a false rumour, but sometimes Im surprised just how much money players demand.  I mean, you know you are putting an extreme amount of pressure not only on yourself, but also on your team’s cap situation/competitive ability.  

Is life truly that much more better? Maybe it’s just business-I dunno.  If he can severely hamper another team so be it- GCG!

IF you were his agent why wouldn't you be commanding Marner money?