The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) CGY Gaudreau seeking 10mill+ per year on new deal

RWJC

6 hours ago, RWJC said:

According to Kypreos, CGY’s primary target will be Kadri if/when Gaudreau signs elsewhere 

Didn’t the LOSER LEAFS try to trade Kadri to Calgary (just before the Colorado deal where Dumbass got destroyed by Sakic) and Kadri used his NTC to nix that?  Kadri will go for the money, but likely not in Cowpie.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t the LOSER LEAFS try to trade Kadri to Calgary (just before the Colorado deal where Dumbass got destroyed by Sakic) and Kadri used his NTC to nix that?  Kadri will go for the money, but likely not in Cowpie.

can't see Kadri heading to redneck Mecca. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Agreed. He doesn't bring it, like Tkachuk, when it matters most, in the playoffs.  

Maybe he was hurt but I thought Tkachuk was a ghost against Edmonton other than the one game Calgary blew them out. He did absolutely nothing in the other four games. 

edit @BarnBurner now that I read it again, I can’t tell if you were saying Tkachuk did or did not bring it in the playoffs :lol:

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, mll said:

His hometown Philadelphia probably the competition.  

how is this possible? Islanders only have 11 mil in cap space and need to re-sign Dobson and Romanov. 

I wonder if they have a plan to move Barzal if lil Jonny signs?

Philly has even less cap space. 

Edited by JM_

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

how is this possible? Islanders only have 11 mil in cap space and need to re-sign Dobson and Romanov. 

I wonder if they have a plan to move Barzal if lil Jonny signs?

Philly has even less cap space. 

It’s the offseason. Plenty of time to make deals and reconfigure space. The only issue it causes is potentially putting Lou at a disadvantage in negotiating with other GMs who want to seize on NYI’s

cap issues (similar to VGK in past). Lou Lam is very strategic and a wise old owl so I wouldn’t discount his ability to navigate. 

Josh Bailey could be a casualty of this, imho.

Edited by RWJC

Gaudreau is not worth 10mil... He had an excellent year last year, but was pretty much flat the 2 years before. 10mil of Gaudreau will wreck your cap; hes worth more like 8.5million. 

What's gonna happen to Calgary losing Gaudreau for nothing though, they sure can't repeat last year's success. 

4 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Maybe he was hurt but I thought Tkachuk was a ghost against Edmonton other than the one game Calgary blew them out. He did absolutely nothing in the other four games. 

edit @BarnBurner now that I read it again, I can’t tell if you were saying Tkachuk did or did not bring it in the playoffs :lol:

I think Kane and Kass double-teamed him and shut him down (talking physicality here not points).

• Cheers 1