The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche re-sign Valeri Nichushkin

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Woa... That's a long time for someone who really has only had one good year. Wonder if it's a low AAV which is why they felt comfortable going for such a long term.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Avs are so smart.  Excellent signing.  Took it to the max years to keep the cap low.  We should just blow it up right now and rebuild to compete in a decade. 

For me now, and for the last few months, it has been, "What would Joe Sakic do?"

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Avs are so smart.  Excellent signing.  Took it to the max years to keep the cap low.  We should just blow it up right now and rebuild to compete in a decade. 

You and I both know that Franky would never let that fly here. Rebuild=lower ticket prices/lack of fan interest= not as much revenue= NEVER GONNA HAPPEN KAPEESH? 

I will cheer you up with a furball pic

A613004B-3C48-4287-934C-DC9FC66BCCB1.jpeg

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why do I feel like a lot of people would lose their minds if the Canucks signed this deal? It’s Sakic so it’s a smart, excellent signing. Lol 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

If Nichushkin is getting $6.125M for 8-years, then Horvat is presumably going to at least be in the low $7Ms.  I know they play different positions and have different profiles, but centers are generally even more valuable than wingers.  Drance was predicting $7.5M for Horvat which is looking like a more reasonable prediction.

• Cheers 1