The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche re-sign Valeri Nichushkin

52 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Horvat doesn't  deserve more than Nichushkin.  Besides Horvat being a C Nichushkin is the better player. 

Because Horvat is a C I think Horvat is worth same money and term. If both were wings Nichushkin is the better player..  so being C makes Horvats value same as Nichushkin..

Nichuskin has had 1 above average year. Horvat scored 30 last year.

Horvat hands down is a safer bet on an 8 year deal. Hands down.

They are completely different players and just because they were taken in the same draft year doesn't mean they should be compared with eachother much. Other than their age.

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

If anyone on the team would take as close to a team friendly deal it's Bo imo. I'm okay with 8 years if the dollar is this number. He probably has a job once he retires from hockey as well.

Also, We have already drafted and developed the superstar D, C and G. You have to support them between now and the very near future. There is no rebuild on the horizon with those 3 on the team 

Wtf would Bo sign a team freindly Contract on a middle of the pack team ..makes no sense to me

4 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

Wtf would Bo sign a team freindly Contract on a middle of the pack team ..makes no sense to me

He's got the C, Upper management would lean on him more. He's got a young family and we offer stability ( 8 year ) including potential work outside of his playing career. I'm just saying Bo's the most likely to sign a team friendly deal compared to anyone else on the team 

my word. for the avs' sake, here's hoping he doesn't revert back into "literally any other year of his 7 season career" valeri nichushkin. 

something tells me that gms around the league have a pretty good idea, in round figures, of how much the cap will be going up and exactly when. they're banking hard that cap constraints are going to be a short term issue for the league, and while I agree with that mindset, it's still a pretty aggressive approach to see some of these numbers thrown around. 

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

This could really come back to hurt the Avs. He was a solid 3rd line guy until this year, where he became a top 6 level guy. If he's back to scoring 40 points a year, that's a pretty penny for that production. He does provide defensive play, but I'm not sure it's enough to still justify the price.

Quality players peak in the right environment. This year's avs is the case for many. Kadri on a lesser team.. aka everyone is at most 90% what you see now. List goes on.

Opposite happens to us, We add peaking guys and get the lesser variant due to poor systems / environment lol

This is changing though

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Quality players peak in the right environment. This year's avs is the case for many. Kadri on a lesser team.. aka everyone is at most 90% what you see now. List goes on.

Opposite happens to us, We add peaking guys and get the lesser variant due to poor systems / environment lol

This is changing though

miller on the canucks is a fine example of a player who flourished in a particular environment and who would, I'd bet my salary, see a significant dip in performance on any other team. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

miller on the canucks is a fine example of a player who flourished in a particular environment and who would, I'd bet my salary, see a significant dip in performance on any other team. 

I'm not going to argue that at all, As that's what the stats / his age suggests. He needs to be the main play driver to have this success.. and he won't have that on a contender

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He's got the C, Upper management would lean on him more. He's got a young family and we offer stability ( 8 year ) including potential work outside of his playing career. I'm just saying Bo's the most likely to sign a team friendly deal compared to anyone else on the team 

Maybe but i highly doubt it ..anyways this team with pettersson and horvat as its 2 top centers will never come close to a cup imo

Just now, Rackdawg said:

Maybe but i highly doubt it ..anyways this team with pettersson and horvat as its 2 top centers will never come close to a cup imo

I don't agree at all. If the 3c is a god teir defensive guy I think it's possible. EP also has soo much more to offer. Half a trash season and he's 30+ 70+. Kids going to light it up in his prime. 120 points imo

9 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I don't agree at all. If the 3c is a god teir defensive guy I think it's possible. EP also has soo much more to offer. Half a trash season and he's 30+ 70+. Kids going to light it up in his prime. 120 points imo

Time will tell ..

• Cheers 1

Nichushkin is a more complete 200 ft player. He's better on Dside than Horvat.  No doubt about it. And plays behind COL super stars. 

Horvat gets 1 min per game more PP time and put out same offense as Nichushkin with Horvat playing 8 more games. 

On D side Nichushkin is by far the better player. 20th in Selke voting. That's great considering he's a winger not a C. His size motor and back check are better than Horvat..

For the Canucks Horvat is more valuable because what do they do for 2C without Horvat.. but if you don't take team needs into account Nichushkin is the better player right now..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Horvat doesn't  deserve more than Nichushkin.  Besides Horvat being a C Nichushkin is the better player. 

Because Horvat is a C I think Horvat is worth same money and term. If both were wings Nichushkin is the better player..  so being C makes Horvats value same as Nichushkin..

31g, 21a, 57% FO, most in defensive end, captain, 20+ min a night most nights, kills penalties, back checks, terrible wingers. 

25g, 27a, 0% FO.  16-17 min a night.

This is what happens when they decriminalize drugs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Nichushkin is a more complete 200 ft player. He's better on Dside than Horvat.  No doubt about it. And plays behind COL super stars. 

Horvat gets 1 min per game more PP time and put out same offense as Nichushkin with Horvat playing 8 more games. 

On D side Nichushkin is by far the better player. 20th in Selke voting. That's great considering he's a winger not a C. His size motor and back check are better than Horvat..

For the Canucks Horvat is more valuable because what do they do for 2C without Horvat.. but if you don't take team needs into account Nichushkin is the better player right now..  

No No No GIF