The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) CHI Patrick Kane high on Avs’ radar if he becomes available

RWJC

7 minutes ago, Maginator said:

How the hell will they be able to afford him. Chi has to retain.

Erik Johnson (if he agrees to waive his NMTCs).

he was contemplating retirement anyway. Could be dealt as an end of career loyalty move to Avs and either play out the year, go on LTIR a few games into the season for CHI or even retire there. Would very likely be hired right back by COL in an off-ice position next season anyway.

with where they seem to be going,  CHI will still need to hit cap floor.

Edited by RWJC

3 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

I’m sure we’d send a sniffer.

Perhaps, he’d just be too pricey for us in terms of the cost of acquisition I think. We’d be losing a valued pick or two, but could use it to also dump salary in Myers, Pearson or Dickinson. 

i just think other teams could afford to offer far more and would be better served in trading for him. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

I’m sure we’d send a sniffer.

The guy publicly defended a manager who covered up one of his teammates getting sexually assaulted.  Good player on the ice, worthless piece of **** off the ice.  You want him in our room after what he condoned happening to Beach?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Perhaps, he’d just be too pricey for us in terms of the cost of acquisition I think. We’d be losing a valued pick or two, but could use it to also dump salary in Myers, Pearson or Dickinson. 

i just think other teams could afford to offer far more and would be better served in trading for him. 

Oh, for sure. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The guy publicly defended a manager who covered up one of his teammates getting sexually assaulted.  Good player on the ice, worthless piece of **** off the ice.  You want him in our room after what he condoned happening to Beach?

I don’t, no. I’m just saying I’m sure they’d see what the price was. Didn’t say I wanted him.

9 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I love Kane as a player but I feel he’s a Hawk lifer and I just hate the Blackhawks. I can’t imagine the Hawks trading him away unless it’s a really really good offer that they just can’t resist

They're tearing things down, I don't think he'll be a lifer

I'd be surprised if that's how he wants his career to end 

• Cheers 2