The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) CGY D Zadorov looking for 4mill per x 4 year deal in free agency

RWJC

Per Andy Strickland 

CGY D Nikita Zadorov has set his bar at 4 x 4+ mill per year deal as a UFA this offseason

Will probably get it or very very close to

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

Good for him that he had a career year during his contract year. Funny how that works.

In the past, he's been good for hitting and pretty average otherwise. But this past season, I watched several Flames games (as I live in Calgary) and felt he looked good in virtually all respects. He contributed offensively, was actually *quite* good defensively, and continued to hit as he does. 

4m seems *slightly* high, but I imagine he will get at least that. If we did move Myers, I wouldn't be against management talking to him.

12 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Trade Myers for a 2nd and sign Zadorov for 4 x 3.5M.  Lefty that plays right side.  Nice pairing for OEL to let OEL do his thing on offense this year.

Rumours said Zadorov wants mid to high 4Ms.  That offer is not even close.

Edited by BPA

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

Rumours said Zadorov wants mid to high 4Ms.  That offer is not even close.

I just went by the original post that he is seeking 4x4.  Any player seeking an amount would be typically ask higher than they would get, but if it's 4x4 after moving Myers, then that is likely fine too as he meets a need.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I just went by the original post that he is seeking 4x4.  Any player seeking an amount would be typically ask higher than they would get, but if it's 4x4 after moving Myers, then that is likely find too as he meets a need.

Yeah.  Need to move Myers or someone else to make cap space to sign Zadorov.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I want to move Pearson and Myers and add Zadorov and Mikheyev. 

That's literally a backwards step haha wow. Imagine putting yourself in a lesser position for longer term. I can't understand why we have ideas like this :lol: to each their own i guess