The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Myers to Ottawa

48 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure why Ottawa would do this, I don't see this as an improvement for them, they just spend more on salary.

I think we would need to add something to convince them to take on the extra cap space.

Myers is the better D man, that is why I made the proposal. 

27 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah this won't happen.

We need to stop pretending Myers as a tradeable asset has much value :lol:

It is NOT like I am say trade Myers and the return being some mind blowing better D man with a lower cap hit. It was just an idea, Ottawa looks to want to try and improve and seems like Zaitsev has been rumoured to maybe be the guy they upgrade on.

But hey, nobody should ever make proposals anymore I guess eh..take all the fun out of being on a hockey forum why don't ya

Forgot logging 20min a night while being a RHD was considered a useless player! The trade trims a bit of cap to maybe going get Lybushkin as a cheaper RHD we could try in our top 4 with Zaitsev.

Let Schenn be on the bottom pair and help 1 of the younger D, Quinn is fine and could play with just about anyone

D pairing Options:

Hughes Lybushkin/Zaitsev

OEL Lybushkin/Zaitsev

Dermott Schenn

Rathbone Burroughs

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

It is NOT like I am say trade Myers and the return being some mind blowing better D man with a lower cap hit. It was just an idea, Ottawa looks to want to try and improve and seems like Zaitsev has been rumoured to maybe be the guy they upgrade on.

But hey, nobody should ever make proposals anymore I guess eh..take all the fun out of being on a hockey forum why don't ya

Oh don't get me wrong I love this Proposal section it amuses me like fan fiction or NHL GM mode with the absurdity of these proposal sections ;)

Still in real life Myers isn't going to fetch much especially with that cap.