The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Pagnotta: Mackenzie Weegar trade possible

22 minutes ago, rekker said:

Guess I'm in the minority. Weegar didn't impress me all that much in the playoffs. I don't really see the fit to be honest. I'd rather see a cheaper, defensive defenseman with Hughes. Weegar will not be cheap to re-up after this season either. I don't see the fit. 

Yeah, most of that Florida team was very underwhelming. I visited their forums during that time, and even their fans couldn't believe the lack of fight and poise in their players.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

So they may not be able to keep Weegar because they won’t be able to afford his extension next season but they’ll trade him for Miller? (who will require an even bigger extension). Explain the logic of that to me. 

Same reason they traded for Claudy G

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Yeah, most of that Florida team was very underwhelming. I visited their forums during that time, and even their fans couldn't believe the lack of fight and poise in their players.

Totally agree.  Weegar was one of the few guys who had fight in him.  Love to get him as Hughes’ partner.  If it was a Myers for Weegar deal that would be excellent.  

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  Weegar was one of the few guys who had fight in him.  Love to get him as Hughes’ partner.  If it was a Myers for Weegar deal that would be excellent.  

What would you be adding to Myers to keep Florida from hanging up the phone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Prefer Weegar over Marino whom everybody is trying to get from Pittsburgh for Miller.

Perfect world :

-Get assets in Myers deal

-Miller for Marino, 1st, some good prospect

-Flip assets from Myers deal, plus the 1st and that prospect and try to pry weegar as well.

Hughes-weegar

OEL-marino

Jbone-schenn

Will it happen? Lol not the weegar one I'd bet as he gets some Norris votes. Well known maybe not by fans but by teams 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kodos said:

What would you be adding to Myers to keep Florida from hanging up the phone?

Florida doesn’t have any D with Myers’ offence.  He’d be running their PP.  Plus he plays with some fight.  That Florida team has a bunch of softies, especially in their forwards.  They’d be more than happy with that trade.  

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Perfect world :

-Get assets in Myers deal

-Miller for Marino, 1st, some good prospect

-Flip assets from Myers deal, plus the 1st and that prospect and try to pry weegar as well.

Hughes-weegar

OEL-marino

Jbone-schenn

Will it happen? Lol not the weegar one I'd bet as he gets some Norris votes. Well known maybe not by fans but by teams 

Getting to play with Hughes would make Weegar into a star.  Much like Makar has done for Toews.  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Florida doesn’t have any D with Myers’ offence.  He’d be running their PP.  Plus he plays with some fight.  That Florida team has a bunch of softies, especially in their forwards.  They’d be more than happy with that trade.  

I want some of what you’re smoking.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1