The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) NYR F Copp going to UFA, seeking 7yrs x 5.5mill

RWJC

11 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If true,  and someone inks this, tell me it isn't the quintessential UFA overpayment?

His stats were elevated in New york by who he was playing with. Some team will give him 5 million plus, and it will be to go right back to the third line and get 40 points like he always has. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

If that's what he's asking via the media - maybe a slightly smaller contract - 6 years at 5M.

At that price I'd be sold. He'd fill in nicely in the top-6 with Miller gone, allow a player to be "moved down" as Rutherford stated. Give the Canucks someone in the top-6 other than Horvat who is strong along the boards and in puck battles, the "balance" Rutherford is maybe speaking of. Plus can play all 3 forward positions and could slide into 3C if needed. He'd be signed thru his prime.

Kuzie - Petey - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Copp - Podkolzin

Aston Reese - Sturm - Sprong

Lockwood/Dickinson

Petey and boeser are a tire fire together.   Copp doesnt fit here.  No thanks to aston reese.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

If that's what he's asking via the media - maybe a slightly smaller contract - 6 years at 5M.

At that price I'd be sold. He'd fill in nicely in the top-6 with Miller gone, allow a player to be "moved down" as Rutherford stated. Give the Canucks someone in the top-6 other than Horvat who is strong along the boards and in puck battles, the "balance" Rutherford is maybe speaking of. Plus can play all 3 forward positions and could slide into 3C if needed. He'd be signed thru his prime.

Kuzie - Petey - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Copp - Podkolzin

Aston Reese - Sturm - Sprong

Lockwood/Dickinson

Why would we want a 5 million dollar third line center?

And people thought Sutter was overpaid…

• Like 1

It’s a pass for me. Don’t think he moves the needle enough on our club to sign him for anything more than 4 x 4 per

if we didn’t already have bad money on the books I’d consider it further 

Edited by RWJC

3 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Calgary Flames Logo PNG Vector (SVG) Free Download

If the Flames were a face from NHL history right now…

image.jpeg.406405e4a0c90736df13e59d101ac881.jpeg

I realize it’s random. I just really love this photo of Roenick and wanted any excuse to post it.

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Can't believe we are talking about signing a free agent again for a long term, after trashing the previous GM for signing Player Name. We sure have short memories.

Well teams all sign free agents to long term contracts.  It is just dumb to suggest we don’t just because Player Name didn’t work out.

The trick is picking the right ones to sign.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

If the Flames were a face from NHL history right now…

image.jpeg.406405e4a0c90736df13e59d101ac881.jpeg

I realize it’s random. I just really love this photo of Roenick and wanted any excuse to post it.

Lol. Love that pic. Wasn't that the "look at me, I'm hideous" pic? Have you read his book? Pretty good read. 

As a side note, this ask and Kadri reportedly asking for 8-10 mil is why I don’t believe there isn’t a healthy market for Miller. Even as a rental.

Rutherford wants to re-sign Miller and/or is asking for the moon.  Must be.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

If true,  and someone inks this, tell me it isn't the quintessential UFA overpayment?

This is exactly the type of contract the GMS will throw at players this year and will regret within 2 to 3 seasons. It happens every single year.

I wouldn't touch this player without contract with a 10-ft pole