The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers re-sign Evander Kane

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

And some scratch and wins 

Awesome value signing for EDM. 
Between this and Jack Campbell, Holland is showing he still a ways away from the nursing home

Edited by RWJC

4 hours ago, Devron said:

Honestly for the human aspect of it I hope he has his crap finally figured out. For the Oilers I wish them nothing but the worst 

That's how it should be lol.   That said, i'd cheer any Canadian team on at this point once we are out of the picture.   The cup belongs back in Canada...I'm almost ready to ignore the idea of TO winning one if that's what it takes but not quite there yet, but that's only because the media would get pretty unbearable afterwards.    Doubt it happens with Murray anyways.     There is a perception  (and rightly so!) that in 2011 Canada turned on us - but that was Cherry and a few others pumping Bostons tires and Cherry did have a massive affiliation to their club.    Here near OTT, seemed like every second vehicle had a Canucks flag in their window ...  and for years after, there was a ton of Blue and Green and Skate uni's each time the Canucks came to town.    Know MTL was behind us too. 

Even EDM and CAL cheered each other on a little during the 2000's when they went to the final - which never ever happened in the 80's and early 90's lol.   Bring home the cup! 

Edit;  Never been a fan of "everyone hates us we don't care " crowd.   Seems like little victim culture...instead prefer the viewpoint we had a lot of support, it just didn't work out.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mll said:

The contract can still be annulled pending the outcome of the grievance hearing.  If Kane wins the grievance his SJS contract will be re-instated (3 x 7M) and he'll be SJS property.  They can trade him to Edmonton but will probably have to retain the difference.    

Near to the same total dollars.  Retention of about 200,000 per, for the 3 years, to supplement the Oiler deal so it gets to 21 million?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Near to the same total dollars.  Retention of about 200,000 per, for the 3 years, to supplement the Oiler deal so it gets to 21 million?

7M cap hit vs 5.125M.  

The SJS contract would be re-instated in full with a 7M cap hit for the next 3 seasons and he would be SJS property.  The Edmonton deal would just be annulled.

Likely SJS then trades him to Edmonton retaining 1.875M so that Edmonton gets him for 3 years at 5.125M.  They can also trade him elsewhere but maybe Holland already spoke to Grier to make sure they have a trade agreement should the grievance be in Kane's favour.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Oilers are going to win the division.  

not without a decent goalie or 2.... and I don't believe that Campbell is THAT good. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

7M cap hit vs 5.125M.  

The SJS contract would be re-instated in full with a 7M cap hit for the next 3 seasons and he would be SJS property.  The Edmonton deal would just be annulled.

Likely SJS then trades him to Edmonton retaining 1.875M so that Edmonton gets him for 3 years at 5.125M.  They can also trade him elsewhere but maybe Holland already spoke to Grier to make sure they have a trade agreement should the grievance be in Kane's favour.

if I was SJ I'd soak them for the full contract amount plus make them give me a high draft pick. 

Was a big mistake by the Canucks to not sign Kane and give a guy with that rare size and talent mix a chance especially considering he'd be such a great replacement for Miller and add extra toughness.

Almost a sure thing the Canucks make the playoffs last season with Kane as well and importantly helps the team with a problem of being a little too soft protecting some of our young skilled players.

When you get a chance to get a player like that that would love to play in his hometown giving up no assets you do it and what makes it twice as tough is the Oilers are a far better team with him.

I need to see something better from Rutherford and Alvinn and less of excuses and whining about the cap. Seems like 75% of the teams are stressing about the cap and I see lots of potential to improve with a great crop of core players and a very underrated group of prospects  which they're also making sure they complain about at every chance.

Enough with the whining time to step up here and make sure by the time next season starts this is a much better team.

Edited by Podkolzins Snipe
  • Cheers 1