The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) EDM to announce signing UFA G Jack Campbell to 5 year x 5 mill AAV deal

RWJC

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol so much for tempering rules.

Gotta take a genius GM to actually be fined for it. ;)

Yeah it’s silly to keep up the charade/illusion but i guess it’s like driving on a highway…you never get pulled over for being just 5 or 10kmh over the limit if you’re driving at the pace of traffic.
so long as the abuse isn’t a blatant contravention the NHL brass will just look the other way. 

it’ll be interesting to see how many deals are announced within the first few mins tomorrow. 

Wow surprisingly good signing. Surprised because I didn't think Oilers would get a upgrade on goalie without a trade..

Holland doing good things..Oilers needed this in a bad way. Smith was great first 2 rounds but his age caught up and he was just too tired to be able to make a save vs Avs. 

I wouldn't be surprised if no one offers Kane more than the 4.5 mill Holland offered him. He was good in EDM and it would be great to see him back there .. McDavid is the greatest player in the world right now and I think it's good for NHL and hockey fans if he's in the playoffs making runs. 

With kane he's likely to win his case vs SJS and he'll get 6.33 mill aav 3 year remaining salary he'd be making with the Sharks for next 3 seasons. Plus his losses from last season...

If he's making 4.5 somewhere else SJS will have to cover the remaining salary. I don't think he'll be getting more than his contract was worth with SJS combined from his new contract and his previous contract with Sharks.. That's the way I see it going. 

Thank to RJWC Kane has re signed with Oilers. I was out if touch for a few hours.. thanks mate..

Edited by WHL rocks

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow surprisingly good signing. Surprised because I didn't think Oilers would get a upgrade on goalie without a trade..

Holland doing good things..Oilers needed this in a bad way. Smith was great first 2 rounds but his age caught up and he was just too tired to be able to make a save vs Avs. 

I wouldn't be surprised if no one offers Kane more than the 4.5 mill Holland offered him. He was good in EDM and it would be great to see him back there .. McDavid is the greatest player in the world right now and I think it's good for NHL and hockey fans if he's in the playoffs making runs. 

With kane he's likely to win his case vs SJS and he'll get 6.33 mill aav 3 year remaining salary he'd be making with the Sharks for next 3 seasons. Plus his losses from last season...

If he's making 4.5 somewhere else SJS will have to cover the remaining salary. I don't think he'll be getting more than his contract was worth with SJS combined from his new contract and his previous contract with Sharks.. That's the way I see it going. 

You think he’s going to win his grievance case? Submitting a fake Covid vaccination clearance ID and then also using that to travel during protocol is pretty incriminating evidence of a breach of club policy, but it wouldnt surprise me if the arbitrator ruled that it wasn’t enough to warrant a termination. Going to be interesting 

Edited by RWJC

11 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Lateral move from Smith in my opinion, just a bit younger and probably in the same tier talent wise.

Campbell had no D structure in front of him in Toronto.  

With Woodcroft as coach Oilers finally have a defensive structure the team plays with. Campbell is a very good goalie and it'll show with the Oilers next season.. 

Need Kane re signed and they're in business.  

Duncan Keith retirement made this signing possible. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Campbell had no D structure in front of him in Toronto.  

With Woodcroft as coach Oilers finally have a defensive structure the team plays with. Campbell is a very good goalie and it'll show with the Oilers next season.. 

Need Kane re signed and they're in business.  

Duncan Keith retirement made this signing possible. 

Kane has re-signed already 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

You think he’s going to win his grievance case? Submitting a fake Covid vaccination clearance ID and then also using that to travel during protocol is pretty incriminating evidence of a breach of club policy, but it wouldnt surprise me if the arbitrator ruled that it wasn’t enough to warrant a termination. Going to be interesting 

Yes I do. We don't know the full details so it's more of a guess or assumption on my part. But I have been trying to keep up with it and it seems like it'll be a settlement where Kane gets total sum of his Sharks contract. What ever he makes with new contract will be topped off by Sharks to make him whole. 

Seems like a fair way to do things..  

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Kane has re-signed already 

Thank you.  I read earlier he was offered 4.5 over 4 yrs. 

Just saw 4 yrs 5.1 mill. Very solid deal for Oilers and Kane..

Holland doing great things in EDM..

I honestly have no doubt in my mind the powers that be played a part in Kane returning to Oilers with that deal.. 

His agent obviously knows and I suspect it was proposed to Kane that this was the best thing for him.  

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol so much for tempering rules.

Gotta take a genius GM to actually be fined for it. ;)

I think as long as you don’t explicitly name players you plan on tampering with to the media, the league doesn’t care.

Of course, who could possibly imagine a man with as much as intellect, tact, and competence to rise to the head of one of the league’s most valuable teams doing such a thing.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Poor Jack.  He's going from playing in front of an AHL defence to playing in front of an ECHL defence.  Hopefully the $25 million is worth it...

It probably will be worth it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Thank to RJWC Kane has re signed with Oilers. I was out if touch for a few hours.. thanks mate..

He had one good stretch and was real bad going forward. Completely hit a wall and showed why he had never had a starters load before. He's gonna get shelled behind that D and his weak mental state gonna get shelled by the fans and media.

Super nice dude but man when a team prefers to go with the guy Brock broke over soupy that is not a good look at all.

Lots thrown into a 30 year old but to his credit, in his last 2 seasons his record is 48-12-8.

He may be blooming late and I think Edmonton don't have any other options so is certainly worth the gamble. Lot of money tied up in two ageing goalies who are wild cards.