The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sharks trade Brent Burns, Lane Pederson to Hurricanes for Steven Lorentz, Eetu Makiniemi, conditional 2023 3rd-round pick

2 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Wow Burns at 5.7mil... why weren't we in on this since it looks like we are going for it. 

3 more years on the contract, even at the reduced rate, could be tough to swallow.

that said, he still puts up decent numbers and eats minutes, so he didn't seem to be hurting the Sharks (just going by stats).

21 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Wow Burns at 5.7mil... why weren't we in on this since it looks like we are going for it. 

The more I think about this, this feels like it may have been something we should have gone for.  He is definitely old, but I feel his production may drop, but the defensive side of the game would still be there for 3 more years.  Burns with Hughes feels like it could have been a decent move.  Guessing we have something else in store still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

The more I think about this, this feels like it may have been something we should have gone for.  He is definitely old, but I feel his production may drop, but the defensive side of the game would still be there for 3 more years.  Burns with Hughes feels like it could have been a decent move.  Guessing we have something else in store still.

I'm almost certain we wouldn't have had a shot at it. Burns reportedly only had a few teams he was willing to go to. Carolina is Southern US city, is coastal, and is an actual contender.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I'm almost certain we wouldn't have had a shot at it. Burns reportedly only had a few teams he was willing to go to. Carolina is Southern US city, is coastal, and is an actual contender.

He had a 3 team trade list.  Carolina was not one of the 3 teams but he agreed to waive.  

On 7/13/2022 at 12:21 PM, Spoosh said:

Man, that will look as strange as having Sidney Crosby playing in Nashville or something.

Or Byfuglien playing in CAR?    I don't know - still remember him in MIN.   So not that weird. 

• 8 months later...