The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Curtis Lazar

He can be buried in A with no cap hit. He’s a right handed centre. If he plays well, we have him at low AAV for some term. I don’t see why so many aren’t happy with it. We aren’t in a spot to spend a lot money ? This could be great value in year 2 and 3 or he’s a local product playing in Abbotsford. 

5 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

3 years is long for a C who is already kind slow

BUT he's on a bury-able AAV so really, it's risk free. He's coming to home to BC. Good PKer and right-handed C. Fills some needs. Hopefully he can bring as much drive to his hometown as Juho did last year.

He fills needs.  Hes still not as slow as boeser.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Amazing how many people will come in here and say 3 years WTF??

It doesn’t even matter the term. Worst case scenario he plays in the AHL.

People are haunted by Benning having to hand out extra years to attract free agents. In this case, it literally doesn't matter. Bury him in the minors, buy him out, put him on waivers.... whatever! 

3 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

haha. Its 1 million per, at the end of the day who cares! This isn't no Jay Beagle, Antoine Roussell have to give up a first round pick to get rid of them type business. 

I hope it works out but that's still money for the owner to be paying players to not play...i guess Aqua man be making a killing selling condos and townhomes over on the north shore

Edited by amplified0ne

No reason to complain about this signing. Great AVV, and term in this case really doesn’t matter. Perhaps his love for the Canucks will get him to take another step! 

Good low risk signing. ::D

Edited by khaira93
  • Cheers 1