The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers sign Vincent Trocheck

Rags will regret not going after Miller. Reminds me of when Toronto wouldn't buck up for Tanev when those rumours were swirling. Tanev would of completely changed the Leafs D. Miller has the capability of changing the Rags forwards group. Rags cheaped out and it may cost them a cup. Power forwards like JT don't grow on trees and come up for availability very often  

• Like 1

Just now, JM_ said:

I'm hoping they can just extend him. 

I just read a ...canucks army article. Says last night JR had a press release and stated their priority is to sign miller. Also said is that players signing in their 30s would be short contracts.

this could very well be the hold up

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting really.  They won't get Copp, Strome or Miller but are going long term on Trochek who is a middle 6 pivot at best.  It wasn't snarl or truculence that lost them the series though it was skill and a lack of skilled players.

That AAV is be interesting, almost as interesting as the regret they'll feel in 4 years from it.

I am always kind of thankful when we don't have a ton of cap space to waste on free agency when I see these contracts going out

3 years too long! 

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting really.  They won't get Copp, Strome or Miller but are going long term on Trochek who is a middle 6 pivot at best.  It wasn't snarl or truculence that lost them the series though it was skill and a lack of skilled players.

That AAV is be interesting, almost as interesting as the regret they'll feel in 4 years from it.

I am always kind of thankful when we don't have a ton of cap space to waste on free agency when I see these contracts going out

Remember, NYR and Flyers are the Kings of the Buyouts. They have shown over the years to pay out the butt and buy you out shortly after lol

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

7 year deal lol.

Well Carolina and Washington are the only teams remaining.

and Columbus, New Jersey, hey possibly even Ottawa with the push they are making! Pittsburgh if the price is right, the Kings if they're going for it as well. 

10 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

and Columbus, New Jersey, hey possibly even Ottawa with the push they are making! Pittsburgh if the price is right, the Kings if they're going for it as well. 

Listening to Blake/Yanetti in LAK was pretty obvious that they were never interested in Miller.  They insisted on the importance of age fit when explaining why they went all in to get Fiala.

Kekaleinen talks of not giving up futures for 30 year olds.  Can't see Miller interested in going to a team in a re-set either. 

Edited by mll

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Listening to Blake/Yanetti in LAK was pretty obvious that they were never interested in Miller.  They insisted on the importance of age fit when explaining why they went all in to get Fiala.

Kekaleinen talks of not giving up futures for 30 year olds.  Can't see Miller interested in going to a team in a re-set either. 

Thats all fine and dandy now. The trade deadline is a different story. Miller still nets a 1st and a high end prospect. 

4 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

Thats all fine and dandy now. The trade deadline is a different story. Miller still nets a 1st and a high end prospect. 

True but it's not an ideal situation to go into the season with him on the roster if there's no plan to extend him.  Tough for the players to remove someone like Miller at the TDL if they are in a playoff position.

Edited by mll

Lol people should chill if we decide to keep Miller and a fair contract is reached that isn't such a bad outcome. 

In regards to a trade though, yeah I think NYR are out of the running. But I don't think this impacts his value much at all (it may even increase as the UFAs are taken off the market). The East is stacked and I think there is still a market for him - Florida, Pens, Boston, Carolina, NYI lots could still happen.