The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Dakota Joshua

I had originally thought Dakota was a depth signing for Abby - but listening to Allvin it is obvious he is an addition to the Canucks 4th line.

Don't know anything about him so hoping they found a tough aggressive gritty gem here.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

So Allvin is answering my call for fast, cheap, wingers who can answer the bell; so very nice; thank you very much. 

Yup.  We will not miss Lammiko, Highmore, Motte.  We are bigger, faster, and harder to play against in our bottom six.  Getting Mikheyev and Kuzmenko moves Pearson down the lineup too.  So we have his heavier game in the bottom six too.  

With Petey and Miller as our top two centres, that pits Bo into a bottom six role too.  

Pearson, Bo, Dickinson

Joshua, Lazar, Lockwood

Bigger, faster, harder to play against, and skilled too.  Way better than before.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

So Allvin is answering my call for fast, cheap, wingers who can answer the bell; so very nice; thank you very much. 

I'll never understand why we didn't try question mark guys who have size for years it seemed. It was always the Dowlings / petans. Bottom 6 with only offense... but even that was bad 

• Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  We will not miss Lammiko, Highmore, Motte.  We are bigger, faster, and harder to play against in our bottom six.  Getting Mikheyev and Kuzmenko moves Pearson down the lineup too.  So we have his heavier game in the bottom six too.  

With Petey and Miller as our top two centres, that pits Bo into a bottom six role too.  

Pearson, Bo, Dickinson

Joshua, Lazar, Lockwood

Bigger, faster, harder to play against, and skilled too.  Way better than before.  

time to suck it up and extend Miller. We likely won't be able to improve the d group much this season, other than hoping Poolman is healthy and maybe new systems... not much to hang your hat on but we can't expect to fix all of Jimbo's structural problems in one cycle, but at least we now have a F group that has good depth and your new look bottom 6 might just be hard to play against. It'll suck for Bo's production but he'll be on the PP too.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

How is Lazar moving up to 3C?  

Petey

Miller

Bo

Lazar

Hypothetically, if there are no forward trades (which I think there's at least one):

Kuzmenko - Miller - Boeser

Mikheyev- Pettersson- Podkolzin

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Hoglander - Lazar - Dickinson

Joshua