Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Dakota Joshua


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, combover said:

I like the looks of the fourth line lazar Lockwood Joshua 

finally some size toughness  speed and affordability. 
guys that can get in on the forecheck actually throw a hit and not fall down. 
 

 

These signings take some of the physical pressure off Lockwood's game. I liked Lammy and he was amping up his physical play as well but not consistent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like he was your prototypical NHL/AHL tweener in STL.

 

Just treaded water on the 4th liner whenever he was called up.

 

Canucks must think there is some upside. Would be a good get if so, tough to find physical guys that can actually play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Canadian said:

Hypothetically, if there are no forward trades (which I think there's at least one):

 

Kuzmenko - Miller - Boeser

Mikheyev- Pettersson- Podkolzin

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Hoglander - Lazar - Dickinson

Joshua

Everyone would agree this is a better lineup than last year and gives us a good chance at being  playoff team.

 

Miller needs to be re-signed.  No need to go backwards.

 

Coming up are Karlsson Lekkerimaki  and Klimovich.  If one or two of them hits we have a ton of forward talent and can trade a forward for a young RHD in a year from now.

 

I don't think Allvin is trading Miller.  Just sayin..

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

He won't be. 

Who’s going to be our third line centre? 

 

Lazar I was thinking was going to be the fourth line centre. Am I wrong to assume that? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Everyone would agree this is a better lineup than last year and gives us a good chance at being  playoff team.

 

Miller needs to be re-signed.  No need to go backwards.

 

Coming up are Karlsson Lekkerimaki  and Klimovich.  If one or two of them hits we have a ton of forward talent and can trade a forward for a young RHD in a year from now.

 

I don't think Allvin is trading Miller.  Just sayin..

 

 

 

 

Well, if he’s not trading Miller, then they’ll need to come to terms of an agreement, or they’ll be forced to trading him for peanuts. 

 

Lekkerimaki I think hits. He seems like a gamer. Karlsson to me is the one that could miss, but I think Klimovich is 50/50 in terms of hitting or missing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rekker said:

Nice. So basically a trade with St Louis for Highmore. Lol. Look forward to seeing him out there. His size is a welcome addition. 

Where would Joshua fit in the line up? Is he a third line player? Or fourth line? Lazar in my opinion is penciled in as the fourth line centre, who are the other two wingers? Pearson and Joshua? Lockwood? 

Edited by N4ZZY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Actually really excited to see the 4th line on the ice this year!  It will bring energy and help change momentum when needed, with a big hit, key face off, steal, or fight.  Tough to play against!  Been a.while since we could say that.

Lockwood Lazar Joshua

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Actually really excited to see the 4th line on the ice this year!  It will bring energy and help change momentum when needed, with a big hit, key face off, steal, or fight.  Tough to play against!  Been a.while since we could say that.

Lockwood Lazar Joshua

That'd how I have my 4th line written up as well. 2 centers, one right and one left, as well as a nice combination of toughness, tenacity and speed.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That'd how I have my 4th line written up as well. 2 centers, one right and one left, as well as a nice combination of toughness, tenacity and speed.

We haven't had this kinda mix since Torres, Malholtra, Lapierre.

And for under 3 mill!

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Where would Joshua fit in the line up? Is he a third line player? Or fourth line? Lazar in my opinion is penciled in as the fourth line centre, who are the other two wingers? Pearson and Joshua? Lockwood? 

Josh has a 53.3 percent in the face off circle. Good possession numbers for the 4th line.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Josh has a 53.3 percent in the face off circle. Good possession numbers for the 4th line.

Wow that’s pretty good on the dot. 

 

Key for the fourth line to win some face offs and start on the offensive zone, rather than always losing the draw and chasing the puck to try to get it back. Makes a world of difference when you can start with the puck. Possession matters with respect to scoring chances. 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Where would Joshua fit in the line up? Is he a third line player? Or fourth line? Lazar in my opinion is penciled in as the fourth line centre, who are the other two wingers? Pearson and Joshua? Lockwood? 

I'm guessing Jushua will play wing, fourth line.

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2022 at 3:06 PM, Quantum said:

Dakota Joshua, Lazar, and Lockwood seem like they'll make up the 4th line next year. Cheap, fast, young. Like to see it.

Part of me want Burroughs in for Lazar, he hits, he fights, and can be our 7/11 insurance utility 4th liners. Especially seeing defenseman going down so often in the playoffs.  

It's time we answered the bell against the super pests of the NHL.  Islanders had the Identity Line which was effective, video here

https://fb.watch/eh6dfnq-rH/

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rekker said:

I'm guessing Jushua will play wing, fourth line.

I think it’s a luxury to have a winger be able to take face offs just in case Lazar is thrown out of the dot. 

 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...