The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Media didn’t ask any questions about defense.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah no $&!# Sherlock. Why are you in about this point. When did I refute that?

What in the may goose are you going on about? A team should explore it's best option for D whether or not it takes time? Yeah no $&!# Sherlock

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Guy is clearly not a Canucks fan.  Lots of fishing in our pond right now.  

Why are you making this assumption? I've been a fan for more than a decade and have even gone as far as working for the organization.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Zfetch said:

What in the may goose are you going on about? A team should explore it's best option for D whether or not it takes time? Yeah no $&!# Sherlock

So should we sign 36 year old guys, like Letang and Malkin, to retirement contracts?  Pens come out as the big losers this July.  

Just now, Alflives said:

So should we sign 36 year old guys, like Letang and Malkin, to retirement contracts?  Pens come out as the big losers this July.  

No I never implied this.

I implied our need in insufficient D is not the same as the Penguins who had much stronger core pieces.

1 minute ago, Zfetch said:

Why are you making this assumption? I've been a fan for more than a decade and have even gone as far as working for the organization.

Then be a fan, and stop playing up other teams’ guys while crapping on ours!  

The Pens are a joke.  Loser team, in a loser city, with loser fans.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zfetch said:

No I never implied this.

I implied our need in insufficient D is not the same as the Penguins who had much stronger core pieces.

Screw the Pens!  Hopefully they do crap this year and for the terms of those stupid contracts.  

Hate all others!  Be a true fan!!!  :towel:

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Then be a fan, and stop playing up other teams’ guys while crapping on ours!  

The Pens are a joke.  Loser team, in a loser city, with loser fans.  

I gave props to EP and Hughes and only crapped on Podkolzin. It's just realism.

#goCanucksgo

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

No I never implied this.

It really helps a team considerably when they get 4 1st and 2nd overall picks in a row. Yes, some time ago but it helps to establish things along the way. 

And the fact that you're already writing off Podkolzin really tells the story for me.

Penguins fan forum is that way ------->

• Like 3

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

Exactly evict the troll

Thanks for contributing to the conversation and assigning me a role that I don't agree with.

Your detective work is greatly appreciated -_-

Thanks for contributing to the conversation and assigning me a role that I don't agree with.

Quit trolling. All of you usual suspects.

You assigned Podz a bust, I think it's only fair. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, -DLC- said:

It really helps a team considerably when they get 4 1st and 2nd overall picks in a row. Yes, some time ago but it helps to establish things along the way. 

And the fact that you're already writing off Podkolzin really tells the story for me.

Penguins fan forum is that way ------->

Yea I agree their picks were a large part of the success. It's a shame the lotto rules changed when they did and detracted from our possible gold.

Also I've been a huge Podkolzin detractor since him being drafted. I did work with the draft on an analytics site I once had and hated the pick. Not to takeaway from any other player, but I'm particularly unhappy that the next 7 picks in the draft are all showing better signs.

However EP and Hughes were obviously both hit out of the park. Demko is an often underrated piece.

I'm not a Pens fan. If you're basing this off my signature that's a fantasy league from a few years ago in which I was randomly given the team lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Pens suck old socks.  Crosby is a whiner.  Malkin is a big goof.  Letang is injured tomorrow.  Go away! 

I thought the cheap shot on podkolzin was uncalled for.  Kid made steady improvement and plays a winning brand of hockey.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I thought the cheap shot on podkolzin was uncalled for.  Kid made steady improvement and plays a winning brand of hockey.

Zfetch is expressing his opinion. It's in no way a cheap shot.

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I thought the cheap shot on podkolzin was uncalled for.

I understand this. Let emotions get to me !

Kid made steady improvement

Respectfully disagree (// deployment)

And plays a winning brand of hockey.

He works hard it appears. He makes for a solid middle 6er and I'd like to see him better than that but as of now the following 7 picks in 2019 are all showing greater signs of promise :[