The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Max Paciorietty, Dylan Coughlin to Hurricanes for future considerations

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

Will be interesting to see what the return is.  Miller is cheaper and a better player overall than Pacioretty...

Patches is a very good player and has been his entire career ... cheaper yes.   Canes just treated Vegas like their very own free agent store. 

5 hours ago, R3aL said:

Damn. Looks like they are good on forwards now.

NYI, NJ and maybe Columbus still even with Gaudreau could be the top spots still for Miller. Radio said don’t count NYR out yet either just cause of trochek 

Columbus are looking to clear cap space.  They still want to sign Laine and have too many Fs.  They were already trying to clear room for their prospects before even adding Gaudreau.

6 hours ago, R3aL said:

Damn. Looks like they are good on forwards now.

NYI, NJ and maybe Columbus still even with Gaudreau could be the top spots still for Miller. Radio said don’t count NYR out yet either just cause of trochek 

NYR are reported to have signed Trocheck to a 7 year deal.. 

Scratch nyr off the list for Miller.

Crazy that this is almost a cap dump, Vegas don't even get a pick back. I know Max is old but he was still a PPG player last year. Carolina taking Burns as well, they must be hoping that these old boys who can still produce will help their youth and I think it will. They get bigger, stronger and wiser.

So Coghlan is the sweetener to take Paccioretty. Coghlan replaces Bear. 

I wanted the Canucks to get DC. Local island boy whom I know quite well.

Carolina means business! They were already my favorite American team, guess I like them more now.

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

As big of the deal centers around Max Pacioretty and what he will bring this coming year to the Canes, I'm more interested in Dylan Coghlan. Smooth skating puck moving dman on the right side. Surprised VGK gave up on him considering they were patient with him in development and actually was one of their bright spots on the D-core last season.

I think there is room to grow with this kid, still only 24. Could be a very sneaky get for Carolina, I think he has top 4 potential. Reminds me a lot of TJ Brodie and Alec Martinez.

QFT. 

I'm a bit upset we didn't get DC. I didn't think Vegas was stupid enough to move off of him.

• Like 1

They got teams scared at the expansion draft and got lucky had a few good years and now they are paying the price. COVID/Flat cap did this time dirty

Asset management is not strong with this team. Can’t just spend to your hearts content. They have under 900K and have multiple holes in their roster. They went from the castoffs to the overpriced team.

2 hours ago, FutureFilm said:

They got teams scared at the expansion draft and got lucky had a few good years and now they are paying the price. COVID/Flat cap did this time dirty

Asset management is not strong with this team. Can’t just spend to your hearts content. They have under 900K and have multiple holes in their roster. They went from the castoffs to the overpriced team.

So they still are not on target sith the cap? Jeez! How many more iou toilet papers can they hand out? 

14 hours ago, McBackup said:

Its crazy how Vegas has gone from the island of misfit toys to ruthlessly throwing away anyone so they can have the latest shiny object.

Can’t wait until players get wise and stop going there.

They already have.

576A4374-A201-416F-AB25-AF57C11DF9E9.png

18 hours ago, HKSR said:

So...

Vegas trades Nick Suzuki, Tomas Tatar, Samuel Fagemo, and Dylan Coughlin for Future Considerations.... ouch.

Add to what you said.

Trading for Eichel now cost Vegas directly or due to cap space:
Patches
Tuch
Krebs
Coghlan
16 overall

That’s without saying anything about Vegas trading a 2021 Vezina winning goalie in Flower for future considerations. One has to wonder when the Vegas is no longer the hot destination to players.